upgrading cm031

midnight_sailor

Not sure if this belongs here, but I'm planning on upgrading my cm031. I've done my research but need a second opinion to make sure these parts will work well with each other, and whether or not there are better parts out there. I'm trying to stay within the $150 range.

-Guarder High Precision Oil Tampered Nozzle for AK47 / 47S

-Guarder Enhanced Ver.3 Polycarbonate Tappet Plate

-G&P Polyacetal Piston

-G&P Polyamide Explosive Piston Head

-Guarder Ball Bearing Spring Guide for Ver.III Gearbox

-Systema Area 1000 Metal Bushing Set

-Systema Shim Set for Electric Guns

-Mad Bull Black Python 6.03mm Tight Bore (455mm)

-Guarder 50% Hop Up Bucking (clear) or madbull shark hopup bucking

-Guarder Stainless Steel Ver.3 Cylinder Head

Notes:

-I already have an element hop chamber

-I plan on buying these from evike

-I'm trying to make my gearbox reliable with good compression, not power

-Do I really need a new cylinder?

Thanks

You don't really need any of those parts. Stock parts are usually fine unless something breaks, etc.

For example, you don't HAVE to upgrade your tappet plate. As long as it moves back and forth with the sector gear, your fine.

Compression is usually very good on airsoft guns. I'd say instead of shelling out the money for a new piston head, just buy a new o-ring. You're going to need a type 14 o-ring, you can get it at pretty much any hardware store. Just make sure its plenty elastic and has no frays or anything.

Instead of replacing every part in the gearbox, you should find out which parts you really need. Of your suggestions, the ones that would actually work are: bushings, bucking, tightbore barrel. The main problem with the CM031 is its non-marui compatible hop up.

EDIT: Actually, if you want go ahead and buy a new piston head. Ported piston heads offer several advantages over stock ones, like less negative pressure when in the pulling stage.

I heard that the air nozzle might not be good, and that when replacing it you need to replace the tappet plate too. Also heard that clone guns have bad compression so i thought some of those parts might have helped. The o-ring size really helped. Thanks for the advice.

I'm not that familiar with the tappet plater stuff, but if thats what it really needs, by all means get them.

But you shouldn't have to pay for "upgraded" tappet plates, if you can find a marui one for half the price it should serve your purposes well.

The problem with the CYMA ak-clones is the air nozzle length, not the tappet plate. I simply use a magazine with a stronger spring to make it feed correctly <cm028s owner>.

HOWEVER. I would definatly buy an upgraded air nozzle. The stock one is a loose fit, and it's diffcult to fix with teflon/plumber's tape. A Guarder one has an internal p-ring for a perfect seal without any monkeying with it.

Dont buy an upgraded cylinderhead, that is easy to fix just by wrapping Teflon/plumber's tape around the o-ring and refitting it to the cylinder. Buying a ported piston head would get you a better o-ring, as well as having ports. You COULD do these things yourself for almost free, but the upgraded one will be more durable and precise.

I would chuck a better piston in there though. It's the only stock clone part that I just wouldn't trust. At all.

-SVX

Archived