McMillan A-4 Tactical Stocks

Nello

Okay, I am thinking about buying a Tanaka M40A1 gas sniper rifle, and making it into a modern M40A3. The real M40A3 uses a McMillan A-4 tactical stock, and McMillan states that they make stocks to fit the needs of customers.

Right now, I'm a bit wary if it will go through, since they might think it's a joke if I call them over the phone to make a stock for an airsoft gun, although on their website, it states "Feel Free to contact us by phone and discuss your project.", but I don't think they have people calling them about making stocks for an airsoft project.

I want to make an accurate M40A3, but if I can't do that, I guess I'll stick with a regular M40A1, since it is a LOT cheaper.

I hope you guys understand, and I am asking for your comments.

Thanks.

Well if its what you want and you have money to burn im sure there is no harm done in calling them and asking them if they could do it.

However be prepared for them to

1) Laugh at you

2) hang up

4) whered 3 go?

5) them to ask lots of silly questions

6) possibly send them your tanaka m40

3) here it is

Just my input mate. if your willing to spend the moolah then a phone call wont hurt.

Yeah, I don't think I will buy it hehe. Mainly because of the price, I am NOT a rich kid, and, since it is custom-crafted for a real gun, it is so expensive. I am not really willing to spend that much alone on just a stock, and if it was cheaper (which I am very sure there is no such stock) I would buy it.

Thank you for your comments.

Some companies that make the real thing are OK with airsoft. Look at Wilson Combat. Others are more ambivalent. McMillan's outfit is located in Phoenix, Arizona, and from what I've heard they're receptive to special requests. Modifying the A4 stock for an airsoft rifle may involve too much of a change in the bedding surfaces inside the stock to be doable, though (meaning it might require a completely custom-made stock if the Tanaka action is different enough from the real thing).

My biggest concern would be cost. I'm looking at going to them for a stock, but it's not for airsoft (so 'nuff said), and the cost is a serious issue. For the real thing I'd consider it. For airsoft...I'm hardcore, but not quite that hardcore. No offense, I hope :)

-Chris

Archived