Need help from electronics / audio boffins

Siygess

Ok I've got a little project in mind but when it comes to electronics, my skills can be summarised by the phrase "Monkey see, monkey do".. I can solder and I can follow a wiring diagram, but that's about it so it's clear that I'm going to need a little help.

So here is what I want to do - I want to take a generic PC style headset, cut off of the two connectors (mic, headphones) and wire it up to a Motorola series T connector. I'm guessing (or hoping) that the pinout on the headset matches up with the pinout on the connector but I've not been able to find a handy pinout for the generic PC style headset so I don't know for sure. Adding fancy stuff like a PTT switch can come later :)

So is it as straight forward as that? Does anyone know what the pinout is for a standard PC headset with two audio connectors? Should I just give up now and buy one of those Bowman replicas instead?

Answers please :D

That will almost certainly help - cheers!

EDIT: Oh, hold on, did you mean the colour of the plugs on the PC headset which normally match up with the colour of the corresponding socket on the sound card.. or did you mean internally the wires are coloured that way? :D

Archived