[NL]Airsoft.com Video Channel (NEW)

SlickAxe

Today I would like to announce our very own new [NL]Airsoft.com video channel! This will be the place with high quality airsoft vids! We will accept movies from Vimeo, YouTube and Google Video. You can upload movies yourself! Submit your favourite movies now!

nlairsoft_video_channel.png

Hope you all like the idea as much as we do! We really need to support form the community here to get this gooing...

Looking forward to it,

Cheers,

SlickAxe

Whilst undertaking any large web idea is noble and indeed yours in principle is an interesting idea I can't seem to see the point in going to an airsoft video portal when the large majority of videos just get uploaded to youtube in the first place. On the web side of things you seem to have over done it on the adverts - my eyes were hurting from all the flashing logos!

ITs a good idea but I think a lot more should be doen to catergories, to make this stand out from say youtube, it would be nice if I could go straight to what I was looking for.

An idea would be to make use of a more advanced taggign system for videos so that when uploaded they would integrate well into the database, I.e. have a selection of general tags, a selection of specific common tags, and a space for other tags so for example you'd have some tick boxes for movie, gnereal, review, manufacturer etc. then specific tags, such as if the user choose review, AK, M4, SMG, Maruzen, Ares etc. then a space for cutsom tags such as Ruger Mini 11

so for example if someone had a review of a Noveske M4 they'd go in the main categories Review, then M4, then custom tags Noveske. This would allow somone looking through the catergories to see the review or search for it.

Thanks for the feedback, I will certainly have a look at the tagging system. Categories will be improved when the channel grows, and there is a tagging system (however not so advanced you discribe here). As a registered user you can fully update and edit the movie information and thumbnail for example.

@ mgpugster: Regarding the banners, maybe we should go back to static banners only. Or just use a small group of exclusive sponsors. Hope your eyes are ok :)

Regarding the channel idea, indeed most of the video's are already on vimeo, youtube etc. etc. However we only select the high quality vids and target at our group/visitors, which are airsofters. This is one of the reasons we started our own channel.

At the moment we have around 40 vids in the channel, looking forward to your suggestions/upload's :)

Archived