Cheapsoft guns

CountDoom

After doing as much research as time allows I have come up with two cheapsoft guns that preform well while also looking unique.

The first is a JG Aug, the second a JG G36.

Both are reliable, I have heard, and easily comparable to their more expensive alternatives.

Basically, if anybody knows about them, are they good guns? Are there better guns for around £100?

AND

With regards to purchasing them, is RSOV.com my best bet? £80 ish without tax and such due to the £38 shipping, would I be better off getting one from a UK retailer?

Any advice welcome.

I have a JG review in my sig. If you are interested, read the entire thread, as my impressions of it did change slightly after fiddling with the gearbox.

But not by much--I still find this gun an incredible buy. Considering I bought mine for 85 usd shipped, which is some ridiculously low number in british pounds, I'd say its a fantastic value.

You can buy one safe in the knowledge its not junk, if that's what you are going for.

I have no personal experience with the AUG, but I've heard good mumblings about that too--although not to the same degree of the G36C. Don't know what that means.

Steve

RSOV is probably your best bet, despite the horrible postage price.

Try and "barter" or negotiate with him... you could prolly knock £20 or so off, possibly get extra mags etc.

Im not gonna preach about Keith to you... but he is good. Send him an email.

Dont bother with actionhobbys really... they over price to compensate for the shipping prices.

Also, if your looking for a good cheapsoft gun check out the AGM/UTG m14. Apparently thats the best gun out of china yet, and very good looking.

I would buy that one from actionhobbys as they do a lovely little package with a scope and bipod and paint job for around £130+p&p.

Hope that helped.

Yea it is very useful, but I wouldn't know where to start with haggling, I would end up sending poor old Keith an email saying "Here, knock off £20 will ya mate?".

Did you have to pay any extra tax or other such things when you ordered from him? I've never ordered from HK before you see.

You might want to have a noesy at this French site that one of my mates used: http://www.airsoft-paradize.com/ as it used to be priced somewhere between UK prices and HK imported prices.

I haven't gone through it all in a while as you do have to put the prices through : http://www.xe.com/ but it seemed ok at the time and if i remember right, their prices we shown including P&P which made them initially look a bit more expensive than they actually are in a direct comparison with someone like actionhobbies who shows prices without P&P.

It also has the BE Aug with the metal gearbox listed, which "could" be an alternative to the JG one?

Countdoom, I bought mine from an American wholesaler called pointact. There has been some discussion if he'd ship overseas.

You have to make a minimum purchase of 150 usd with them, so it might not be an option for a lot of people.

I, however, was in the need for two AEG's, so it worked out great :D

Steve

150 dollars is £80, I would find it hard NOT to spend that much :D

OK, I will check out all the sites you guys have suggested thanks.

I cannot trust Gunners though.

The French one looks interesting, is EU purchasing just like buying from the UK?

Sunnywarehouse needs a bank transfer though doesn't it? Not sure if it is worth the bother.

Well, it makes me go Hmm... just wish we had a cheap retailer over here! All our ones seem to have formed a cartel of high prices!

Bartering with keith:

me: hi. Saw your *insert gun here* you wouldnt take *knock 30 of the original price* would you make?

keith: Hi. No, but i'll do it for *10 off the original price*.

me: How about *20 of original price* :)

keith: Okay. *15 off original price* and an extra mag.

-----

Haggle with him. You should knock at least £10 off.

:)

I bought an agm m14 recently and I can say with no doubts that it is your best bet, fantastic aeg. Firing hard and accurate out of the box, with a fantastic cocking action. Definatley worth it!

I bought mine from gunners for £82 overall with postage and it arrived in 7 days! but as ollie ty says, with all the hiccups recently for other people, its all about how far you can trust someone. I didn't have any problems, but others have.. up to you at the end of the day.

Archived