Ironclad Surplus

Redcap

Has anyone used Ironclad Surplus http://www.ironclad-surplus.co.uk/? Are they a good or bad trader?

Reason: I ordered some CombatKit MAS pouches from them almost a month ago. Thus far, I've had to chase them twice on this, and they're telling me there's some form of hang-up at the factory in Norway (which is odd, as I thought CombatKit had their factory in Slovakia). Since this is something just over £110-worth of kit, I'd like to know if anyone's had similar problems?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, follow-up time. IronClad are honourable traders. The same cannot be said, for whatever reason, about CombatKit, a European based 'manufacturer', head office in Norway, factory apparently in Croatia.

I ordered some CombatKit pouches from IronClad surplus over a month back. Despite my, and their, best efforts to get the stuff from Combatkit, it never materialised, and I got a full refund from Andy over at IronClad last week.

Andy is currently reevaluating them as a supplier, I believe.

Therefore, DO NOT EVEN THINK OF BUYING COMBATKIT for the time being; it would appear that they're vapourware.

So it's back to square one on sourcing MOLLE pouches for me. :(

• 2 weeks later...
OK, follow-up time. IronClad are honourable traders. The same cannot be said, for whatever reason, about CombatKit, a European based 'manufacturer', head office in Norway, factory apparently in Croatia.

I ordered some CombatKit pouches from IronClad surplus over a month back. Despite my, and their, best efforts to get the stuff from Combatkit, it never materialised, and I got a full refund from Andy over at IronClad last week.

Andy is currently reevaluating them as a supplier, I believe.

Therefore, DO NOT EVEN THINK OF BUYING COMBATKIT for the time being; it would appear that they're vapourware.

So it's back to square one on sourcing MOLLE pouches for me. :(

I ordered a vest and some MOLLE M90 ###### from Ironclad on Feb 2. I just received shipping email today. Yea its along time to wait, but I know for a fact that there are good reasons for the delay.

I Never got a exact answer from Andy at Ironclad why there was such a delay, but I do know that Combatkit has spent the last couple of months making improvments on all the gear they sell. Also know from talking to other company's that make gear in m90 that they only get the material once a year. Dont know if that applies to Combatkit, but it does to 2 other manufacturers of Swedish gear.

Anyway, I cannot say enough good things about Ironclad.

Very Professional and very nice. Andy always answered my emails within 24 hours and he gave me 10% refund on my order and a bunch a free ###### for my wait. :D

As soon as my order arrives , I will place another big m90 order with him.

Also , what MOLLE pouches are you in need of?

My team specializes in International SF impressions. Maybe I can help you locate your pouches somewhere else?

SubSeven -

If you can, I'l be very impressed, as the only company that I thought did DPM MOLLE pouches was Combat Kit.

The Combat Kit order was for the following in British DPM:

Double MP5 Pouch x 1

Radio Pouch x 1

M16 Pouch (Triple) x 3

Single 40 MM Pouch x 2

Pistol Magazine Horizontal Pouches x 1

Utility Pouch x 2

Cheers for now,

Roger

Hold fire! Seems Andy just received my cancelled CombatKit order :blink: Curious how these things happen, lol

Looks like I'll be getting that order after all, anyhow!

Alright! I was getting tired of looking for the dpm molle's :Zzz:

Funny, but I could have sworn that there was another company out there that made them.

Oh well.

By chance did Andy give you a reason for the delay?

No, but then CombatKit haven't given him a reason, so I'm assuming a complete fubar at either their offices in Norway, or at their factory in Croatia. TBH, I suspect the problem was in Croatia, but we'll probably find out at some point, if/when CK actually let him know, lol

UPDATE

OK, at 07:55 this morning, my Combat Kit MAS pouches arrived - spot on top marks to Andy for the speed of delivery :) I'll write up a pre-gaming review for Practical Airsoft shortly (like, in the next few days), but initial impressions are (pros and cons, lol):

• The material is good quality 1000 dernier Cordura :)
  • The DPM pattern looks spot-on :)
  • The pouch closures use either press-stud (good) or plastic fastex-like attachments (not bad, female connector is fixed to the pouch, allowing ease of fumble-fingeredness, lol) :)
  • Stitching in the pouches looks of high quality :)
  • SIZE?! The Utility Pouches are SMALL. You couldn't even fit an MoD waterbottle into them, let alone a small MoD mess tin. If you want LARGE utility pouches, get the MINIMI mag pouches :(
  • PROBLEM... the pouches, whilst being MOLLE compatible, use VELCRO to perform the final fixing, once you've threaded the atachment straps through your vest. This will, I strongly suspect, be the weak link in the pouches. :(

I just found this thread - sorry i'm late. I also ordered gear from Combatkit through Andy at Ironclad Surplus and it arrived about a month and a half late a few weeks back.

I ordered:

3x G36 Single Mag Pouch

2x Pistol Mag Pouch

1x Glock Holster

1x Utility Pouch

1x Radio Pouch

The only ones that i still have is the utility pouch and the radio pouch. The other ones didn't live up to expectations. My G36 mags don't fit in their pouches and they are also really annoying to open and close, the same goes for the pistol mag pouches. The Glock holster was very nice, but the thumbreak was really difficult to open with one hand.

I have sent all the other gear back for a refund and it seems that Andy is taking his time as usual in replying to my emails. I'm not saying he's not a nice guy, but i have had to wait for some emails for more than a week before.

Archived