VSR10 G-Spec spring

avisonjohn

Hiya, my VSR10 G-Spec is seriously loosing power. I can hit an empty beer can from about 30 feet away and the BB just bounces off it, yet any other weapon would either pierce the can or knock it flying. I want to upgrade the spring, as i think this may be the reason why, since it hasn't ever been upgraded. My only concern is i have been told that i need to drill the pin from the end of the bolt/cylinder. I don't really want to do this and was wondering if there was an alternative way, if not, can anybody send me a detailed tutorial on how to do the upgrade? Many thanks.

Also, while i'm here, i have fitted a scope to the VSR, and for some reason the intensity dial was coming loose, then it fell off completely. I noticed that it is held to the scope itself using 4 small screws. So i thought to myself 'just screw them back in'. Problem is that to get to the screws, i need to remove the PCB for the dial and CR2023 battery. Here is where the problem is, around the top of this PCB is a ring that needs to be unscrewed to remove the PCB to screw the dial back to the scope. I don't have a screwdriver wide enough (as wide as the dial) yet thin enough (about 1-2mm) to do it with, and i have never seen one either. Any suggestions?

i was just sharing the experiances i had. hows that deserve a neg rep.

you guna go around neg reping everyone with an opinion?

pathetic

do i go around giving out neg reps. for everyone who says that ics mp5s are bad?

just because they had a bad experiance with one? and i had a good one?

No way to get around it. You have to drill the pin out. I made a video tutuotial for the hop-up (might be your problem as well) along with a video on how to upgrade the spring. Your VSR-10 should be around 280-300. Throw in a PSS10 SP100 and your good.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3zfSIJNUcRI

yes way to get around it: buy an aftermarket cylinder. Though that'll cost you a lot, since you'll have to buy a new piston, spring guide, cylinder head and spring to go with it.

If his gspec is less powerful than your mp5 with a stock marui spring, he has an air leak.

No way to get around it.  You have to drill the pin out.  I made a video tutuotial for the hop-up (might be your problem as well) along with a video on how to upgrade the spring.  Your VSR-10 should be around 280-300.  Throw in a PSS10 SP100 and your good.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3zfSIJNUcRI

Nice video's mate, already knew how to disassemble the hop up (done it last night looking for an airleak - not sur what i was really looking for tho). The thing that did come in handy tho, was your suggestion for a PSS10 SP100 spring. What would you say the fps would be on that? Also, to save me phoning the local airsoft shop (since i already caleld thm about repairing my WEI Hi Cappa 1911 .45 colt mag) how much would you say it would cost (in GBP)? Also, once i have drilled out that pin, will i need som sort of replacement or not? Another thing i noticed aobut removing the cylinder head, instead of twisting it off with pliers, on some cylinder heads (not my stock one) there are like to notch holes on the top, you could use some long nosed pliers, insert it into the notches and twist it off.....just a thought. Once i install a new spring, i'll crono and post the results.

you dont need to replace the pin you drilled on the cylinder.

and the spring you mentioned should give about 1 joule (328fps)

if you know how to take the hopup apart you should do the "teflon mod"

which is basicaly where you put really thin "teflon tape" around the inner barrel in the hopup unit. this reduces airloss. increasing fps.

Ya, the SP100 would be right around 330 FPS

I'm assuming you mean how much the spring would cost. That thing should only be 15 bucks.

No need to replace the pin. The cylinder head is screwed on.

You could try to insert the pliers and twist. I know I couldn't do that. I had to get a freakin plumbers wrench and twist that thing off. It was not easy. Yet, my friend did it, with nothing more then a easy turn with pliers. Wrap a towel or something around the cylinder head to keep it from being damaged.

DP

Well i had a tough time trying to get that pin out, so i asked somebody for some help, my landlord, who just happpens to be the most well known and buiggest airsoft enthusiast in Essex UK. he had a hard time with it, so i joked that we needed a pillar drill, to which he offered to take it to work and drill it out there with a pillar drill. I'll let you know a in about 12 hours(ish) if i had any success (as i need to wait for him to get home from work).

• 1 month later...
Well i had a tough time trying to get that pin out, so i asked somebody for some help, my landlord, who just happpens to be the most well known and buiggest airsoft enthusiast in Essex UK. he had a hard time with it, so i joked that we needed a pillar drill, to which he offered to take it to work and drill it out there with a pillar drill. I'll let you know a in about 12 hours(ish) if i had any success (as i need to wait for him to get home from work).

Oops, i completely forgot to keep you guys updated. Well my landlord drilled out the pin and drilled another hole into the top of the cylinder head (only half way through) so it could be unscrewed by inserting the heads of a pai of nose pliers into it and even made me little unscrewing tool for it (neat).

I took out the spring and inserted a brand spanking new PSS10 120SP spring. It chrono'ed at 292fps. Is this right?

I think what he means is you've gotta be careful when mentioning FPS ie dont mention anything 328fps + or how to get an airsoft gun over 328. As for the leak you should try wrapping teflon tape around the threads of the cylinder head and put some silicone grease on the o rings on the cylinder head and the piston head.

I think what he means is you've gotta be careful when mentioning FPS ie dont mention anything 328fps + or how to get an airsoft gun over 328. As for the leak you should try wrapping teflon tape around the threads of the cylinder head and put some silicone grease on the o rings on the cylinder head and the piston head.

Any ideas where i can gethold of some silicon grease? Any local shops that might sell it? Would vaseline work?

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/Lubricants.html

I would avoid vaseline, its petroleum based and well that'll ruin the orings

chronoed it at a game last sunday...gave me a steady 336fps just from changing the o-ring. silicon grease had completely gone, so should be slightly higher now that i put some on, also i cut the air brake off to give it better air compression.

Archived