KSC G23f upgrades, long term reliablity etc

my_plague_666

Ive been running a G18C for about 3 years now on green. just a metal slide, barrel and a up-rated recoil spring.

maintainence-wise, i strip and clean it after every skirmish and oil all the moving parts. also keep it un-cocked to preserve the hammer spring.

the 23f is slightly different but mainly its just a smaller version. plus im told its more reliable than the 18c from the start.

It's not so much the slide that needs upgrading, but the barrel. Anyways, mine has about 4k round through it and had one major collapse, fixed by a metal barrel. (this is on green mind you) I don't shoot much since I haven't any gas (ran out quick ;) ) but I clean and lube it once a month (complete strip, I recommend a quick cleaning and lube once a week or two, depending on usage rate)

-Sh0ty

My brother's KWA 23f didn't last very long before the rocket valve snapped. It was probably only about 300 or so rounds on green too. I'm guessing it was a lemon or he was just unlucky. Not really much help for long term reliability reference, but it's probably a good idea to get a replacement if it's not too much trouble to, as a metal one is only $10.

thats a KWA one, which from what i hear is a cheaper knock off of the KSC. but thanks for the advice

The parts still come from the same factory, so buying a KSC doesn't solve the issue of rocket valves snapping on green.

If you want to fix the rocket valve issue and at the same time seriously increase the power without buying high flow valves for all the magazines, get the Airsoft Surgeon floating valve for it.

As for maintenance, the most important part to clean is the barrel. Releasing propellant doesn't make the internals dirty, so there's no need to clean anything but the silicone residue from the barrel before or after each time you use the pistol. I like to keep some grease in the other parts of my pistols, and I don't clean the slide rails and such that often.

-Sale

Archived