Spotter Tips

1cem4n

• 1 month later...

I'm finally making my ghillie and since I'm carrying an MAV, It's got almost no front. it attaches using two buttons using the chest part. I still need more netting and stuff. Since this will be my first ghillie, I might make another one after using one of those ghillieskins cobra hoods. mine looks like that right now but it's a pretty bad job.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I got the MAV, i thought i could slim down my loadout even more by getting the HSGI Waistpack. It'll make my loadout a tad lighter and all, but is it worth it? I already have the MAV which carries all my goods and more but the waistpack seems more sniper appropriate.

also, I like the idea of having a masterkey grenade launcher on me. It seems useful but again, no idea.

Is there anything else I should bring to a skirmish besides the following?

-M14 SOCOM

-4+1 M14 Mags

-Hydration Pouch

-Binoculars

-Knife

I just sold my pistol so I don't know what pistol I should get next.  My pistol will be my last resort weapon and I'll use it instead of my M14 if i have to go indoors.  This means it won't have to be so quiet and I'm looking at the TM GBBs

Not really, but you may want some jerky/hard candy, facepaint, gloves, multi-tool, and other field type items. I'd use a belt rig though, not sure how well the MAV would work. If it works well then let us know! As for optics, I'd put some kind of RDS on my gun, if not a scout scope for spotter work. I would not put a regular scope on it. Also, I recommend a monocular/spotting scope for spotter work. Faster and easier to use, lighter to carry.

Cheers,

Daniel

The MAV works surprisingly well with my ghillie and it's not hard at all to lie down. I'm using my friend's binoculars for now and they work pretty well. i would think that a monocular might have too much power but I'll see. The longest shot we've made used the 9x setting on the scope and it took 2 or 3 seconds for the bb to get to the target.

Archived