How to walk with a heavy rucksack ?

Dafool

Honestly... if it's just clothing, provided that you waterproof the bag(s) properly, you won't have to worry about the exact quantity and weight...

Keep water off = able to carry more without struggling [sort of]

This is one thing I hate about cross cultural presumptions, the whole trousers, pants, chips, crisps and fries.

lol

Anyway. He's not gone into that much detail about food or drink, I hope he's ok.

You can never do with too many water bottles, as you can just hang/tie/wrap them outside the packs.

Looking at the list again... there's too many non-essentials for things he should have done days before the trip. And no camera~! :o

Dude, I made it. It was great fun !

I managed to cut down the weight to 25kg, and it got even less heavy towards the end, because I eat and drink. The coybow hat actually helped quite a bit, it protected my neck from getting to much light, and my eyes too.

The torches were given out to the rest of the team, so I only had one torch, small ones, bycicle type torches.

I shouldn't have taken so many clothes though, my sleeping bag was like a boiler and I did not really get any rashes during the walk, a little bit between my legs, but not much at all, I can't even feel it. As for blisters, only got one, but that was not to much of a problem either. I had jogging shoes and that got rid of the foot sweat and I walked with my zip undone on the military trousers to let in plenty of air (The Swedish military pants are designed with a large zip, that you can open in case of heat).

The pipes were great, I shared one with my friend and my third team member had his own. So we all had a pipe each and it was nice to have around the camping stove after a days step walking. I also had to much food, but that wasn't really a problem either, since we consumed the heavy food and were left with the light noodles. My friend had a camera with him, so plenty of pics, I can try and post them later on. I had no big problems at all, everything went perfectly except that I had to much food and clothes.

I never took long long treks before, but I am an experienced jogger and camper, so I obviously knew enough to make it through this trek :) But guys, thanks alot for the advice, it helped !

Btw, the mountain is not big at all, it's more hilly terrain going up and down alot and surrounding the west side of it, there is a cliff.

Archived