How long will an m100 last on stock bushings?

dismemberd

Hey, I didn't have any metal bushings, but I needed to know if an M100 would work in the gun. Should I try to fire it as little as possible, or would I be able to put a few rounds through it.

Also, when they fail, will it trash the internals, or what? Has anyone ever actually ruined their stock TM bushings?

There are already tons of threads on this, but yes, you can, and no, I have not heard about anything breaking on stock bushings. Although it is highly recommended, people keep saying bushings can snap or crack, although I have not heard anything about that.

A good reshim would help though. If you don't know how, you should probably let someone else do it so it gets done right, although it's not that hard.

But stock bushings are cheap, about 10 bucks with shipping off ehobbyasia. If you can't save up that much, you shouldn't be upgrading in the first place.

I never said I couldn't afford them.

And if you can't afford something, why shouldn't you be upgrading? That doesn't make sense.

Well if you can afford them, just go buy them.

If you can't afford something, you shouldn't upgrade means that you need plenty of spare cash to upgrade in the first place, so if you want to be cheap and only buy a spring you shouldn't be upgrading.

Not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just saying go and buy some bushings, their not that expensive.

My TM spets has been running an m100 spring for years on stock bushings without any signs of trouble. I regually run the 2000mah battery flat in a days play too.

Where the trouble comes from with nylon bushings is with running high voltage batterys with lead trigger fingers. The extra heat generated just melts/distorts them and you run into all kinds of trouble then.

oh and nylon bushings are no different to metal ones to shim.

Don't touch the stock shimming of TM guns. It's far better made from the factory, than most people will be able to do. Individual shimming should be left to experts only.

You can throw an M100 spring into an otherwise standard TM gearbox and have it work for thousands of rounds without a hitch. There's a possibility of stripping the spur gear, piston or snapping a bushing (the latter case will damage the gears as well), but it's not highly likely.

-Sale

Okay, thanks for the info. We were thinking of going for a high speed setup, though.

We're gonna put in some high speed gears, a high speed motor, and maybe a 9.6V battery. He usually doesn't shoot that much(it's not my gun), so if I tell him to only use short bursts, and semi auto, do you think that will be okay?

Okay, thanks for the info. We were thinking of going for a high speed setup, though.

We're gonna put in some high speed gears, a high speed motor, and maybe a 9.6V battery. He usually doesn't shoot that much(it's not my gun), so if I tell him to only use short bursts, and semi auto, do you think that will be okay?

You should definitely buy some proper bushings for that kind of setup.

Archived