Sidearm shotgun or revolver

rwham

Ok, so I'm planning on getting a A&K M249 as a primary, and, as it will likely be shooting pretty fast, I will need a side-arm. There are really only 2 options that I want:

Double Eagle pistol grip springer shotgun, slung over shoulder and stuck in pocket. (Fits perfectly)

Or, a HFC revolver in a shoulder holster.

So, what do you guys think would be most easily accessible and practical? Keep in mind that I will be laying on the ground, and will need a quick draw in case someone gets closer than 40 feet.

I would think a shotgun or a pistol would be good for CQB's. Do you play outside more? Are you a good shot with a pistol? If not then I'd say get the shotgun. Easier to shot a shot gun at people, no real aim, just fire. Pistol is easier to manuver thru trees and round corners quickly I'd think. Don't take my word for it, I've not got my piece yet. Just thinking ahead. I had the same debate.

I'm not speaking from personal experience, but aren't HFC revolvers a bit... well... *beep*? Get the shottie. Cheap, spare mags are cheap, no gas costs. Gives you a more usable gun for less money. Plus, you can then save up for something else. :D

Oh, if you do decide to look at other options, consider a CYMA G18c or DE M81 AEP. Really good value for money, and again cheap mags.

:zorro:

I would say both but i know you only want one(if that is what you want). But there is two ways to think about it. If you want power :flamed::rocket: then you should get a shotgun. But if you want quickness and easy to take out and more compatible then you should get the revolver. :assassin::gun::gun2:

I can't help but feel that most people are overlooking the fundamental uselessness of an HFC revolver as a skirmish tool. If it's a choice between an HFC revolver or a DE shottie, even I, the revolver nut, will take the shottie.

Oh, and dilberty: how is a couple of spare mags for the shottie going to take up too much room? And why would he have both the 249 AND the shottie on his back?

might be worth looking at the JT3 bennelli shotguns, ive had them and the DE and thought the DE was a bit creaky compared to the benelli although it does lack the adjustable hop up...still reasonable accuracy and managed to punch though both sides of a coke can (well, it ripped thought he other side more than punched) for 20 quid

edit: plus the benelli actually has sights

carrying an m249 and a shotgun on your back, not to mention ammo for both is going to get heavy and bulky. + pistols can be shot with one hand so you can keep the other on your m249

if the 249 breaks down or someone gets close enough for him to use the backup he wont need a hand on the 249...so why does it matter. and an M249 on your back?? thats gotta be uncomfortable

Ok, so I'm planning on getting a A&K M249 as a primary, and, as it will likely be shooting pretty fast, I will need a side-arm. There are really only 2 options that I want:

Double Eagle pistol grip springer shotgun, slung over shoulder and stuck in pocket. (Fits perfectly)

Or, a HFC revolver in a shoulder holster.

Ah, but you forget: this is Arnie's. If you post requesting help on a clear choice between two different things, people will recommend anything but one of the items you actually named.

Don't worry sledge, I too saw the uselessness of the HFC revolver (and this is coming from someone who bought a KJW USP :P)

IIRC the shotgun is pretty damn light. So shouldn't be any problem sticking it anywhere. Though I do question its usefulness when you need to fire rapidly...

IIRC the shotgun is pretty damn light. So shouldn't be any problem sticking it anywhere. Though I do question its usefulness when you need to fire rapidly...

It's capable of slamfire.

How do the internals stand up to repeated slam firing?

Perfectly well.

Archived