Hogue Grips for TM Sig P226

aikidoholic

Largely due to an asthetic oversight on my part, i.e. I had this silly idea of supergluing the pressure pad for my laser unit to the side of my pistol's grip when I couldn't get velcro to stick, then when I pulled it off at a later date, rather than separating nicely from the grip as I'd hoped, the insanely strong bonding properties of the superglue meant that the pressure pad peeled a layer of rubber off itself and left it eternally stuck to the grip instead, I am currently bidding on a set of Hogue Grips for my TM Sig P226

However after placing my bid (yes I know I should have done my research first, what can I say, I'm impatient :P ) I then found a couple of articles on t'interweb suggesting that Hogue grips don't fit the TM P226 very well, does anybody have any experience of this and be able to advise me if it is possible at all and if so if there's anything special I'm likely to have to do to fit them, taking into account I've never disassembled a pistol before and was hoping and assuming that it'll just be a simple case of unscrewing the grip screws, removing the current grips and dropping the new grips on in their place.

And in case anybody was going to say it, yes I have already searched the forums and I couldn't find any previous threads on this subject ;)

Cheers

OK, I must not have done a specific enough search cos that's pretty much exactly the answer! Next question then, does anybody know of a UK retailer that'll sell a mainspring seat? I don't really want to have to import one from the states, the shipping will be astronomical against the price of the item i expect!

I don't think theres much call for Sig parts over here, considering their illegality and all. Unless you can find someone else who is ordering from Brownells to split the cost of shipping with you, your looking at about £18 for the part with shipping.

I don't think theres much call for Sig parts over here, considering their illegality and all.  Unless you can find someone else who is ordering from Brownells to split the cost of shipping with you, your looking at about £18 for the part with shipping.

Ah yes that's a very good point, forgetting that anything related to gun sales outside of airsoft is a tad more illegal over here than in the US :P . Oh well, looks like I'll just have to shell out the £18 or so if I want to be able to fit the grips without having to mangle them first.

Thanks for the feedback Hitman, much appreciated

Archived