High Speed Motors.

dismemberd

We're looking to put a new motor into a G3/SG1. It's running on an m100, and standard ratio gears. I may put in stock FAMAS high speed gears, but I don't know as of yet. It's also got a systema polycarb piston assembly, and a bearing spring guide.

I'm aware of the new Systema Turbo motor, but seeing as it's $80, we'd like something more affordable. Also, we aren't looking for anything ridiculous, mainly in the mid to upper 20RPS. We might be putting in a 9.6V battery, if necessary.

So, it seems that most of the motors are in the $45-$50 range. Which one do you think we should get?

Go cheap and get the G&P M120 high speed of ehobby :) They come in stock G&P aegs and the ROF of those things on a large 9.6 should be enough for your 20+ needs. The M120 is pretty much the same as the old Systema high speed motors.

There's little point getting anything else between that and the Magnum/Turbo IMO

Erm, FAMAS gears won't work in anything except, well, a FAMAS.

Thing is, they're made differently to normal gears, and as such require a special pinion gear on the motor. You'd be best off sticking with normal gears or 'proper' high-speed gears.

MDK:Well, I'm using Guarder standard ratio gears in my FAMAS right now, and they seem to be working just as good, if not better than the standard FAMAS gears(because the anti-reversal latch doesn't slip) so does that mean that the FAMAS can use aftermarket gears, but other guns can't use FAMAS gears?

Tome: Will a G&P be able to pull an M100 with standard ratio gears, and an 8.4V battery?

P.S. Thanks for the replies.

Archived