KSC M1911 Problems.

Påffter

Bought the gun last halloween and have had various results firing with it.

It is the Japan version, Mk1?

First and foremost, the cycling. Every now and then the slide gets stuck loading a BB into the chamber, the piston is just about to touch the BB.

The two metal pieces that stick up out of the frame seems to be the problem because you can manually pull the slide so that it sits firmly half-cycled.

I broke the Hop-adjustment part and have yet to find a replacement, this resulting in the BB dropping after 11 m (36'). Oddly enough the BB still has enough force to knock down a 50 cl (about 17 fl. oz.) soda can at 13 m (42'). Using Excel .25's.

This might not be a real "problem" but sometimes after rapid firing the magazine won't drop out, you have to tap the bottom plate with you little finger to make the mag drop.

Is it the plastic in the frame that shrinks because of cool-down?

One sad thing about the gun is that it seems to be almost completely Non-RS, kinda in the way of Llama 1911 vs. the rest.

Come on, isn't there anyone out there who can help me?

I noticed that the problem is somewhat described in the "WA Issues"-thread but since I dislike people going off-topic I decided not to post in it.

There seem to be some amount of GBB-gurus here, you "must" have some input...

But GBB-gurus don't have that *** of KSC. :P

Seriously though, if you can't chamber a bb, put a stronger recoil spring.

I can't help on other problems as I have never see a KSC M1911. (I had a KSC M945, but don't know if the mech is the same).

Yeah, thought of that too but it worked perfectly at the beginning, like most things do :S

Thing is though, although the measurements on the KSC is most likely non-RS the trigger mechanism is probably more thought through than the TM 1911. You can't un-cock the TM1911 (nor Hi-Capa) but you can do it with the KSC.

The trigger pull on the KSC is much nicer also.

I did think of getting a used WA instead of the TM1911 (which has like 10 mags through it) but the cost of mags and the lack of new parts at retailers made me choose the TM.

I though more of parts like slide catch and recoil guide and spring, it has a GI plug that is quite a part of work getting togheter as opposed to the rest of the gun.

Archived