Systema Complete Mecha Box

Honestly, I'm not sure.

The previous ones I've opened all just went crazy when you open the box...like tigers out of a cage. In the Systema, it just laid out very nice. The box isn't quite as open as a TM seems, but I'm guessing that's the reinforcement in the box.

Anyway, I didn't lose any pieces and it was quite simple. I haven't finished everything yet, so getting the spring, guide and piston back in may prove to be an issue, but we'll see.

I don't see why you would have to strip the gearbox down just because the motor can is larger/longer than a CA's. Any motor height difference is taken care off by the motor adjuster in the motor plate.

Also I don't know why you had to remove some of the metal from the brass insert since it screws in and out and infact can be completely removed.

You are talking about this:

7.jpg

I don't see why you would have to strip the gearbox down just because the motor can is larger/longer than a CA's. Any motor height difference is taken care off by the motor adjuster in the motor plate.

Perhaps because at M170 level with a Magnum motor and 12 volts, misalignment would cause substantial damage even during the first test shots. For this reason, in this case, it may be advisable to adjust the motor height with the spring and piston removed. (Normally it's not necessary.) As HannibalSmith77 pointed out, the gearbox was easy to open up and close.

-Sale

Also I don't know why you had to remove some of the metal from the brass insert since it screws in and out and infact can be completely removed.

You are talking about this:

Not necessarily in this case. Systema states that they only tried and fitted their stuff with TM and they mean it. The motor plate between CA and TM is different and that's why I had problems. Regardless, I think it does make a difference when one is bigger than the other. However, I just swapped out the motor plate with a TM one I had and went on.

I got everything set up fine, but I haven't been able to test fire the finished box yet. Unfortunately I don't have a 12v that can pull the spring yet. I assume that I got it correctly put back together, but I will post if not.

All in all, the experience wasn't horrible, but not as easy as I thought. I would seriously think twice about using a CA unless you have some spare TM parts to interchange but beyond that, it's ok.

I think I was misunderstood about the removing part. I looked for the slotted area to screw it out, but mine did not have that...at least I couldn't find them. Mine seemed like it was tapped in, so I just moved it back some. Not an issue really once I looked at it a little harder.

Sale is 100% correct. At that power, I would recommend you do what Systema recommends. I would have ruined mine if I hadn't because the motor plate was different than the TM. It's not a massive difference, but enough to mess your day up permanently.

Thanks to all for the help!

Archived