Firefox

Holmes

If they did own 'majority share', they could surely take whatever decision they like with the company?

Link for proof please

im trying to find the website, it was a link from the register i saw around xmas last year (and no not the joke msfirefox.com site)

yeah they could do more or less what they want (though im sure if they wanted to do somthing like close the company they would need the backing of all the shareholders or almost all of them) but think about it, you are getting profits from the two main internet browsers, why close on of them when you are not certain that the customers will use your other one. as i would certainly not rely on IE if firefox stopped as it were

OK, well the thing is

We work in the open through a highly disciplined, transparent and cooperative process to coordinate the development and marketing of Mozilla technologies and products as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the nonprofit Mozilla Foundation. The Mozilla Corporation has no outside shareholders.
I'm loving opera, except it seems to lock up for about 5-10 seconds every 15 minutes or so. Oh well, it's bearable.

Actually the security of firefox 2.0 is apparently more thorough (not necessarily more secure, they just patched more holes, though you need to think of it in terms of "who will write viruses which will interface with opera?"), and it does load pdfs better, forget reading pdfs in opera there's no point, just download them and view locally with acrobat, opera locks up when you try to look at pdfs more than a few pages long...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/14/ms_firefox/

This article on the register refers to the msfirefox joke site, could this be the one you saw?

nar i saw that site and i laughed, its mentiones somthing like the ex president of fire fox ebing called "forfoxluva69" or summet like that, no it was in there about companies buying each other out

Archived