xbox 360 repairs

screamin_weasel

i assume all of you would have seen, but microsoft are offering to repair lots of xbox 360's that went faulty with the 3 red lights problem. they are offering to reimburse any repair costs, and give you a new 3 year warranty.

my xbox is returning from repair on tuesday, so im interested to know if i can get re-imbursed.

does anybody know how you start the process with microsoft ? who to contact or something ?

Well, I sent my xbox in for repair to MS and I had no proof of purchase what so ever. However, the fact that you sent it in for a third party for repairs will almost guarantee a problem though, the warranty will probably be voided. You should have just called that number and sent it into MS for repair in the first place, they do worldwide support.

Oh, and I messed up before, the worldwide number (non-US) for xbox support is 425-635-7180

He didn't send it for third party repair.

99.99% of UK game shops (IE, all but a couple of tiny stores) will just package all the faulty consoles they get back in a big box and send them back to a bigger store/depot/somewhere where they're processed and sent to the manufacturer for repair. Or something similar to that, anyway.

I worked at GAME, and that's what we did...

Archived