Has anyone tried Stirling Services?

billymak

I've been on their website and done a bit of reading. And I must say I'm really up for some of the courses they have on offer...

Survival

Endurance

Airsoft of course

advance driving (phwaaar...)

live fire in spain!!!

in fact I'd like to try all them courses if I had the pocket money (no chance)

just wanted to know if anyone has been on their courses and want to hear your story.

cheers B)

The guys at Stirling are top notch, I really don't know of anyone that offers anything even close to what they provide (in the non-Airsoft field) for the public. ;)

Their courses pull in clients from all around the world, not just the UK. The only word of warning is don't think that their courses are going to be easy, but they'll definately be a worthwhile experience if you're interested.

Have been to most Airsoft events over the past 12 months or so and they are cool a bit slow on the Saturday morning but when they get started its all worth it .

I turn up on the Friday night where we have informal games till the wee hours as we have the woodland and the surrounding buildings to use....it used to be an active Army training depot .

You need to take summit to sleep on and in , they only offer the old gym as an admin area , some take tents and gas stoves to cook with .....the village down the road has the usual...chippie, curry house pub etc I've done all but prefer to kip out side and go to the pub on friday night and a take-away curry for sat night .

You get instruction from ex-SAS and is worth the £50 for the weekend just for their time alone.

Her`s a link......ooops !

http://forums.ukairsoft.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=170

I'm keen to try some of the courses, but I've got a couple of questions.

Firstly, age limit. I'd guess that there's a limit of 18 on all the courses. Is that true, and does it apply to all the courses?

Second, and this is a bit more of a matter of opinion, what's their attitude to people like us? It's obviously a pretty serious place, which is good. Now, I consider myself a serious person, and I'm pretty fit from rowing so I reckon I can handle the courses. But then again, I'm not ex-military or anything like that, and I don't want to go along and then get treated with disdain as someone who's 'along for a laugh' or something. What do you guys think?

No, you should be fine. If you choose to do one of their professional training courses, you will be respected as long as you are 'there to learn'. If you want to mess about and have a larf, then their Airsoft Weekends might be more to your taste, although some participants in these might not appreciate people who simply won't take anything seriously.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

For more info, go to their web site and email Matt Belgrove. He's a great chap and will be able to answer all your questions.

Archived