IonMaiden

Bought a TM MP5AJ off IonMaiden, according to him, he paid £250 for the gun, was less than 12 months old and was in perfect condition, beside the cocking handle being snapped, which he had glued.

On the first skirmish, there were numerous misfeeds, jams, the gun siezed, with a grinding noise coming from the motor mechanism.

I made sure the gun was clean and serviceable prior to firing.

Contacted IonMaiden to address this issue, his reply, "I don't care about any feedback you leave". This gun has had a lot of "use" by the sound of it, and i suspect it was bought as a well used gun from a club or other.

Avoid at all costs.

jh

Bought a TM MP5AJ off IonMaiden, according to him, he paid £250 for the gun, was less than 12 months old and was in perfect condition, beside the cocking handle being snapped, which he had glued. 

On the first skirmish, there were numerous misfeeds, jams, the gun siezed, with a grinding noise coming from the motor mechanism.

I made sure the gun was clean and serviceable prior to firing.

Contacted IonMaiden to address this issue, his reply,  "I don't care about any feedback you leave". This gun has had a lot of "use" by the sound of it, and i suspect it was bought as a well used gun from a club or other.

Avoid at all costs.

jh

If the goods that you recieved were not of the quality as described to you by the seller then you are perfectly within your legal right to take further action towards the seller.

If you payed via Paypal - proceed with a dispute to claim your money back.

If you payed by other means such as cash/cheque/postal orders ect then commence proceedings via the Small Claims Court - http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabo...laims/index.htm.

You DO have his name and address don't you?

• 3 weeks later...

Relevant thread can be found here.

It sounds as though your gears have stripped at hte skirmish. This isn't necessarily Ionmaiden's fault in itself - it's likely you were simply very unlucky and had the gears fail you at the rifle's first usage (unless Ionmaiden has replaced the stock gears with substandard ones, which is unlikely). It would have been near impossible for a beginner in airsoft to identify when a gear is about to strip - I know that I have never been able to tell myself. :)

However, Ionmaiden's response is less than satisfactory. Unfortunately as you chose to buy off a user who literally appears to have joined the forums to sell the MP5, there is little that the moderating team can do other than to ban the user. In this regard it would have been better for you to buy from a user with a much higher postcount, or at least some positive feedback in the 'Good Sellers' thread. You wouldn't buy an expensive item from an Ebay User with no feedback, after all.

If I am correct and the gears have stripped, expect to pay between £15-30 realistically for the parts, depending on the gear brand and whether you can get just the one (probably sector) gear replaced or (more likely) have to replace the full set. In a normal situation it would be worth pursuing the seller to refund this amount to cover the fact that the gears were on the way out and thus not as advertised.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't mean to hijack a thread, but would having a sales restriction (and even a restriction stopping new members from accessing the sales forums) be feasable to anyone with less than, say, 100 posts?

No, it really wouldn't. Many members have a good amount of posts on other forums, then come here to post a sale in hopes of getting more hits. Point in case: Jin15 is an awesome seller and has done a TON of sales on the MAA boards, and he came here to post said sales. He doesn't have nearly 100 posts yet, but he is still an excellent dealer. If you are skeptical of a seller, ask them if they have done deals before and look into whatever they had in their response (i.e. PM those users, check ebay feedback, etc...).

If you payed via Paypal - proceed with a dispute to claim your money back.

PayPal will want some details of the transaction to investigate. Their terms prohibit ALL transactions involving guns in the UK so reporting the matter to them is more likely to result in a ban or nothing at all happening than any satisfactory result.

PayPal users in the UK can "get away with" using the service if you make sure neither party mentions guns in the transaction but the protection usually offered by them is void.

Archived