MP7 Battery questions, I feel like a noobzor

CapaciousZepher

Hey,

Just got my MP7 and had several questions, as I can't decifer the owners manual.

The battery is an NICD, so it would follow that it needs discharging. However the MP7 battery, as everyone knows is unique, so a normal discharger won't connect. Therefore it would make sense if the included charger also discharged the battery before charging it. Is this the case? Additionally does the included charger have an auto cutoff?

Thanks in advance,

- Zepher

Hey,

Just got my MP7 and had several questions, as I can't decifer the owners manual.

The battery is an NICD, so it would follow that it needs discharging. However the MP7 battery, as everyone knows is unique, so a normal discharger won't connect. Therefore it would make sense if the included charger also discharged the battery before charging it. Is this the case? Additionally does the included charger have an auto cutoff?

Thanks in advance,

- Zepher

Ok the charger that comes with the MP7 is a trickle charger and does not discharge the battery before charging. Once the battery is fully charged it does not cut off but switches to trickle charge.

Marui does a seperate discharger and Tamiya connector chargers for the AEP ranges. I do beleive that there are threads on converrting your charger to plug in to intellichargers here on the forums.

If you have a decent charger for other 'normal' packs, you can just cut off the MP7 charger plug and connect the wires from the battery 'cradle' to it. You may need to put connectors on the wires, depending on the charger type and get the polarity correct.

Better yet, get/make an external pack adaptor for it...

MP7 external pack mod...

And what it does;

MP7 external pack, comparison of ROF

The video is a bit dark but the sound tells all :P

I've been using it for a quite while (since May06) with no problems, it's a 7.2V 3000mAh pack, it lasts forever...well easily for a full days playing and more ;)

Archived