BB Grenades?

chopook

first post on arnies,

i really do not like the idea of any kind of explosive being used or gas (expensive and if your gone throw it will leak eventually) so i am going to toy the spring idea a bit

springs work great for traps and mines because there designed to be a unidirectional spread pattern (shoots one way)

a grenade on the other hand is a omnidirection (shoots in all directions) so i'm thinking of a ether a hex or octagon shape with a small spring trap on each of the flat sides pined in buy the next and filled threw the top, pulling the pin would release a clock spring timer (tunable time considering it would require winding it up) spring pulls on a set pin and all the trap fling open increasing the six of the grenade to twice its set size and throwing bbs at least 6 or 8 ways.

(tangent) a bouncing betty sound fun with this approach too

a two sided cloth green or black outside and red inside so when its closed its tac colored and opened eplosion red and easy to find.

problem is it would look like a cylinder not a lemon (i will have to work on that.)

just another direction to think of

thanks for having me here.

post-8482-1121278175_thumb.jpg

One idea that i have seen is you take some of those cheap plastic eggs that you get at easter (the ones you can open) and fill them with bb's. they work allright, except they don't fly very far and the spread isn't great. maybe if you could somehow make it weigh more...

as it turns out, the cheap egg idea works better than you'd think. b4 i was using .12's, but with .25's, there is actually a difference in throwable distance and spread. I took out half a bunker the other day

Just gona chuck my two cents in here - why not save yourself a wee bit of money and grab some of those cheap-*albartroth* .12's you get down the market stalls with the cheapo springers? The ones with mis-shapes, seams, etc. As they aren't being fired, there's no danger. Might be a bit cheaper than decent BB's, bu I'm not sure. If all else fails, grab TM's own brand 0.12's.

yeh, i've been thinking about this for a while. definitely use dried peas instead of bbs, they're like 70c for a huge packet, and just as hard.

i tried the bi-carb/vinegar thing, it's absolutely ###### lol. i did it because i cant think of anything elso not pyro. a chemical reaction would be good, as well as a spring-loaded system

Great image USA_! Welcome to Arnie's- the center of the Airsoft Universe.

Great ideas all around. I am on a brief vacation from airsoft projects, but one of the ones I'm working on is the grenade. See Tripod's post, and mine, combined with yours and we have some good working ideas.

Keep us posted on your project-sucessful or no, and I will do the same.

Robert

• 1 month later...

Archived