Getting a WA SVI Xcelerator 3.9 Inch

Clappo

As a GBB, it's nice. As a first GBB, it's maybe not the best choice.

Western Arms guns are a little...fiddly...and not as hard-wearing for hard skirmish use as other brands. Also, they're generally (from what I've seen and heard, anyway) not quite as reliable as Tokyo Marui or KSC either.

As a first GBB, I'd suggest either any Tokyo Marui GBB (the new Hi-Capa 5.1 looks a good choice, but don't quote me on that - the Beretta range, however, I know would make a good first GBB), a KWA Glock 19 with metal slide from Airsoft Armoury (£64.99), or a KSC USP Compact.

All of those are reliable and will stand up to pretty much anything you hurl at them (not literally :P ).

Still, whatever floats your boat I suppose. If you like the WA Xcelerator Compact (I do ;) ) then get it - no-one can stop you, and it IS a lovely gun by all accounts!

---------A WORD ON GAS----------

*burrrrrrp*

No, not that kind of gas... :rolleyes:;)

If you get either the KSC USP Compact or the KWA Glock 19 with metal slide, you can use 'green gas' (HFC22) right out of the box. If you choose the Tokyo Marui gun, then you MIGHT be able to, but it won't last as long.

If you choose the Western Arms gun, then ONLY USE HFC134A. Green gas will destroy a Western Arms gun quicker than you can scream "Bugger!".

Haha! As a matter of fact, I was checking out the Berettas from WA and Tokyo Marui before I came upon the Xcelerator, but after getting a Beretta Springer to find out if it would fit my hands, (I have small hands, being only a lesser-age teenager) the results weren't pretty.

Edit - I have heard differently about Green Gas being used in Xcelerators. My friend Yod9 says green gas runs fine through WA guns. A member of the team he is in, BattlePriest, has a 5 inch version of the Xcelerator, and has used it in many skirmishes, and has had no problem with the gun.

If you want to run green gas through a WA gun you'll really want a metal slide, or the results won't be pretty. The slide will eventually break off the rails, or, worse still, fly off the rails and crack massively.

If you find the Berettas too big, then you should have a look at the KSC Beretta Vertecs (WA do them too, but as I said, WA guns require a great deal of care and perhaps aren't the best 'first GBB'). The Vertec Berettas are the same as the normal ones, but have a straight front back strap and so the grip is smaller. I have small hands, and when I held a Beretta Vertec even I found it comfortable.

The Vertecs look like this:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...S-M92IA_cat_KSC

There are a few versions around at the moment, and I know for sure WGC stock most of them, although as a first-time GBB buyer you might be better off buying from a retailer in the same country as you in case anything goes wrong.

I shot my WA with green gas all the time...and the weather here goes up to 33-34 degrees celcius. And I broke 1 slide out of my 4 WA guns.

But to be honest, if you were to use it for skirmish, its better for you to get a Taiwanese made gun rather than a jap gun. Buy any KJ full metal/plastic or KWA/KWC....you can abuse the freakin sh!t out of them and they still cry for more. But again, if you really love those Xcellerator...then get em! My friend own one, and they're really cool....he changed the slide to metal before the plastic ones broke.

KWA are usually KSC clones, not KWC.

This theory that WAs are less reliable than KSC is ridiculous. I don't stress any of my guns and I have had a number of KSCs fail and no WAs. I had a WA with a damaged blowback chamber and it still fired, cycled, etc. I've got a KSC M93R that looks perfect, but fails to fire BBs

and I've had similar issues with their Glocks venting gas...

If Winter Gas is similar to Green, as it would now seem, then all my WAs have run on it (Winter) except in the warmest weather with no signs of damage, internal or external.

Final point, though, I can't imagine an Infinity (or the Clone TM Hi-Capa) will be any better than a Beretta for small hands.

Cheers.

This theory that WAs are less reliable than KSC is ridiculous.

It is unfortunately borne out buy my own and others experience. Also, a WA would be a staggeringly poor choice for a first gun. Try a KSC/KWA Glock or a TM pistol. These are reliable and take green gas with no problems out of the box. Pretty damn good for a newbie, methinks.

Oh, and they cost less. The price difference between a WA Beretta and a TM allowed me to buy my two spare mags.

Archived