Ouch - how much do I love my dog

cafemondo

lol some cracking comments chaps

You just know the insurance company would turn around and say that sort of operation is not covered by their policy for whatever crappy excuse they can come up with.

yes, it could be called a breed related dog illneses, also cost of dane insurance after all this time = cost of this treatment, all other treatments like worming which is also v.expensive due to their size and other minor vet stuff isnt covered either, so I could have paid big insurance and still been bummed by the vet

Just had a good one this summer with house insurance, accidental damage of digital camera, very stressfull claim, got my money in the end but it wasnt worth the hassle and I wished I hadnt bothered, could see this as being also very stressfull re claiming off some twats so Ill forego and just bite it hard.

Shes a wonderfull *badgeress*, superb temperment with everyone, show winner this summer - its all good, shes my dawg.

• 4 weeks later...

Show winner? Any chance you could turn a profit out of breeding her and recoup the cost in the long term?

Seriously, I considered it myself after paying £300 a piece for our two british shorthairs (cats, btw) a couple of years ago... Not sure on the details, but it seems you can make a good profit on that kind of thing.

I remember when I was little we had a Border Collie. Anyways, the family were quite poor back then and the dog became quite ill and the vet said it would eventually die in a fair amount of pain due to the illness as we couldn't afford the couple of hundred quid for the treatment.

My Dad decided it was best the mutt went out painlessly so a few days later he took it over to a farmer friend of ours........and shot it.

Archived