1911 to TT33?

Arr0wana

I, like many people, want a good airsoft Torkarev, and I think I may have thought of a way to get one. My first idea was get a Bell TT33 and stuff the internals of a NBB in there, but after looking at pictures, you can tell it's a pretty crappy replica.

Real TT33:

tt33left.jpg

Bell TT33:

DR-EG7001-lg.jpg

Here are the big differences I notice: (And there could be more)

Wrong trigger

Rail (WTF?)

Frame is too tall

Hammer is in the wrong spot

Back of grip is curved

Missing a lever

And since the Bell is metal, fixing those things would be pretty hard.

I noticed that a 1911 looks like it could be a better replica with a few changes.

1911:

1911_1.jpg

If it had the folowing changes, don't you think it would look a lot more like a TT33?

New grips

Modify the hammer

Remove Grip safety

Round back of slide

Modify back of frame, around where the grip safety is

Modify levers

Modify trigger

Of course the grip angle would be wrong, but it might be possible to modify on some guns.

So does this sound like a possibility, or am I just crazy? If I were to do this, I think I would probably use a HFC 1911 NBB at first, as it's cheap, and no blowback means there is a lot less chance of breaking the slide form modifying it.

Hmmm I think what you suggest can be done but I'm not sure what you'll end up with will look enough like a TT33. I've no idea what the HFC 1911 looks like inside, the 1911s I've seen; the safety catch partly fits into a large hole in the frame, if thats the case on the NBB you may need to compromise a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

been lusting after a tokarev too and, like you, have considered either using a metal springer or the 1911.

one of the main problems with using a gbb 1911 is that, as you said, the angle of the grip is very different. imho, that will require a major mod, probably including some tricky mag fitting. a better idea might be to get one of those russian CO2 pistols (can't remember the name right now 26.gif, sorry). might be less work.

cheers,

zT :assassin:

Archived