AUG Blow Back.

Noodle_2000

Hello everyone, well we got our first bit of snow here in the Carolinas after some really weird weather. Well since I had nothing better to do.. I decided to make my good old Both Elephant AUG have blow-back. After checking out Dragon M and his Thompson I decided to use his method.

Here's a video of it being tested.

Sorry for the bad quality of the video. I'll probably make another one tomorrow if the weather's nice. But honestly the blow back is ok.. it's not the greatest. But hey it works! ;) Also, in the video you can see the metal rod in the rear stick out about half an inch each time. It hits your arm after each shot (which is pretty annoying..) So I'm gonna try and find a way around that. Of course anyone who has used this gun will know that it isn't very skirmish friendly.. because of many reasons.. plastic, no hop up, etc... But if someone could put this in another AUG. Say a JG that may be something to look into.

Here's a pic of the rear.

blowbackaugde6bv3by2.jpg

Well that's about it, I'll see what else I can slap on this gun before it blows up :rolleyes: .

I don;t do alot of mods, but I have an idea. What if you put a lead weight around the rod, that would smack up against the inside of the buttpad when the rod goes back?

Hmm.. your giving me ideas. One problem though.. lost the buttpad. But I could probably borrow a friends just to see how it functions. The only issue that I see would be that the rod sticks out a good half inch or so. I'm not sure if the buttpad would be able to cover it.

Archived