Need advice on constructing this rig

Endospore

Ok, I think I decided what I want to do for a tactical rig. I'd like to end up with a system a lot like this...

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...-Guarder/Detail

Only differences, I want some pouches that will hold both AK74 and M4 mags (mainly M4 as I'm sure I'll be using them more, but if I can get ones that will fit the '74 mags too, that would be great), I'll switch out those "M60 pouches" to a simple dump pouch on one side and something else on the other side (perhaps a canteen or multipurpose pouch, something like that), the suspenders will be switched out to a simple H harness (cheaper :D ), and finally the MOLLE rig bottom will be changed to a stiff pistol belt so I can hook my two drop leg holsters to it.

What do you guys think? I guess it's basically a 1990's US Marine style, minus the guns I'll be using (VFC AKS74U and CA SCAR). All I need now is to find a place to buy the pouches, harness, and belt lol. I found a place with an H harness and a belt (I have a black belt, but I'm not sure how this rig will look in black...so I'm trying for OD), so I'm really just down to the pouches. So what pouches do you guys suggest and where in the states to buy them?

I'm considering This for one of the pouches to replace the M60's, but my main concerns are the color and the use. My hope is that it will work as a dump pouch for the few mags I'll use during games. This way I can run and everything and not worry about the mags falling out because of the closed top. But, will it be big enough to hold more than 2 mags at a time easily? The color also seems a little bright, but that could be the way the picture was taken.

For the mag pouches I saw These, but I don't know how well they will fit M4 mags. I was considering 2, one on each side of the front of the belt. But, another thing is, I think that's enough for 18 M4 mags, which I'll never use. So, would something like This or This work better? If so, which one?

Now for the last major thing, the buttpack. I simply need suggestions on this one. I'm looking for one that isn't really bulky, but still useful. Also inexpensive (less than $20).

So that's about it! If you guys have any suggestions or thoughts to add, please add away! Thanks!

I'm a bit confused.

you linked to a molle floatation kit, but want to change out the suspenders & molle for basic H-harness & pistol belt...which would just make it a standard ALICE kit....and then want to hang molle pouches off it?

Miah

No he wants to keep the molle portion he just wants to change the suspenders.

May i suggest an alternative.

Get one of the Molle Patrol belts, either TT, TAG, BHI etc. Or the one that Pantac Makes which to me appears more comfortable and functional. Then buy the pantac suspenders for them(same as the suspenders you wished to change to) But are made to fit molle belts specifically.

Then just buy the pouches you need/want for the setup.

"and finally the MOLLE rig bottom will be changed to a stiff pistol belt so I can hook my two drop leg holsters to it."

Did I mis-read that bit? Sure sounds like bog standard ALICE kit unless I'm way offbase.

I also recommend a molle belt & suspenders rig as a nice compromise between the classic kit & molle functionality.

Miah

Well, I was planning to switch to a regular belt for functionality (hooking on the drop leg holsters) and price sake. But I assumed MOLLE pouches would fit on ALICE rigs (the only difference is the clips on the back really, and if I'm thinking right the MOLLE pouches have MOLLE loops on the back that you can run the straps through to shorten the hole, if that makes sense).

So it pretty much is a standard ALICE kit, only modified a bit with the use of MOLLE pouches. However, if that isn't possible, I'll have to look around at the MOLLE rigs you guys suggested.

Archived