Need help chosing a vest

mikeyboy236

I need help chosing the best vest, I like manuverbility and like to keep it somewhat light, but I need to carry as much gear as possible, while staying as cheap as possible

so I was looking into these two

http://tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?PageAc...D&ProdID=83

and

http://tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?PageAc...D&ProdID=77

both in OD of course

and also this one

http://tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?PageAc...D&ProdID=71

if you know of a better vest please do tell

Thanks in advance

Can't go wrong with TT stuff. It comes at a great price and is well made. I've had quite a bit of TT stuff since 2003 and it's all still going strong.

As for which rig to get, just get the one you like the look of the best. In general, I'd look at the MAV or the Pannel Carrier. If you ever change weapons and need different mag pouches, you'll appreciate the modular aspect of these rigs.

Additionally, how much gear do you carry at games and events. If you carry a lot, the Pannel Carrier has more MOLLE real estate for more pouches. If you don't carrier much, the MAV is a great rig.

The last thing to consider is a hyrdation carrier. It will be easier to add one to the Pannel Carrier, but you can still add one to the MAV, especially if you get the X Harness. Even with out that, you could still use a stand alone / back pack style hydration rig with the MAV.

Can't go wrong with TT stuff. It comes at a great price and is well made. I've had quite a bit of TT stuff since 2003 and it's all still going strong.

As for which rig to get, just get the one you like the look of the best. In general, I'd look at the MAV or the Pannel Carrier. If you ever change weapons and need different mag pouches, you'll appreciate the modular aspect of these rigs.

Additionally, how much gear do you carry at games and events. If you carry a lot, the Pannel Carrier has more MOLLE real estate for more pouches. If you don't carrier much, the MAV is a great rig.

The last thing to consider is a hyrdation carrier. It will be easier to add one to the Pannel Carrier, but you can still add one to the MAV, especially if you get the X Harness. Even with out that, you could still use a stand alone / back pack style hydration rig with the MAV.

I dont carry a extreme amount, of gear but more the better the only thing I worry about is manuverblity, I am 6'1 and 145 pounds, I just want the vest to fit well. I geuss I will for sure want a vest with mollie though

Instead of the above, look into the Pantac MBSS replica and the RRV replica. You can use the MBSS back plate as a back for the RRV and you'll have a nice rig, or you can just stick with an MBSS.

Works for many different loadouts and is as cheap or cheaper than the vests you posted.

the only chest rig i ever regretted selling was my tt mav w/ x harness, and I've had them all, some repo, some real ( Paraclete RAV, Phantom CIRAS, Pantac MBSS, HSGI Weesatch, Sotech Hellcat, eagle EPC, pantac LBT AK chest rig).

When you are picking a rig/vest etc, you need to keep in mind where you plan on using it, and what you plan on carrying. Full armor carriers such as the RAV and CIRAS are great when you need full armor protection (which isn't the case in airsoft), and want to carry everything you can on your second line. With that being said, these vests can get extremely hot in the summer time and heavy to the point of being unbearable. I live in SoCal which means summer months get 100+, and after a few games, I got ride of my RAV and CIRAS. It was too uncomfortable for me. However, some of my buddies run around with these for 12 hours in 100+heat, and aren't affected by the weight or bulk, so it really depends on you.

EPC's, MBSS, PC's are a compromise between a full armor carrier and basic chest rigs. They don't have as much MOLLE space as the full armor counterparts, but are alot more comfortable than say a CIRAS or RAV (mainly because you cant carry a bunch of stuff) and more breathable because you don't have as much cardura covering every inch of your body. If you don't have a dedicated first line, I would recommend these. YOu can carry a whole lotta ###### without it getting to heavy, and the modularity is a plus.

eagle RRV, TT MAV, SOE Hellcat, blackhawk crch are pretty much simplistic chest rigs. They are the most comfortable because you don't have a layer of cardura covering your whole upper torso, and are pretty light since you can only pretty much fit ammo and maybe water. I recommend these if you plan on playing long ops, or in hot humid areas. You will probably have to run a dedicated first line, and maybe even a third line because you may find that you don't have enough space to carry everything, but in airsoft (its more than enough). I do recommend these if you mainly play in the summertime, or where you have to hump around alot. In the real world, soldiers like the ability to take off their ammo/comms/###### without having to take off their armor, so the simple chest rigs will always be around.

As of now, I only have a eagle epc (which gets little use), and most of the time I run a Pantac LBT AK rig w/ a dedicated first line. If I run longer ops, I run a Pantac AIII backpack. I don't even care about MOLLE anymore because you cant really change it around in a game, or if you do, you will waste a good amount of time trying to pry those MOLLE straps and weaving it through the vest. I rather trade the modularity of a MOLLE plate carrier (EPC) and full armor carriers (RAV/CIRAS) for the ditchability of having a dedicated 3rd, 2nd, 1st line so depending on the weather and where I'm playing, I can ditch parts of my setup to suit my needs.

Keep in mind, this is only based on my own experience, other people's experiences may vary. I think you will be very happy with the TT mav, and if not, there are always people willing to buy it off you. It ain't the coolest looking rig or the newest rig, but it is a very dependable, quality piece of kit.

sorry for making this so long, i was really bored.

While a lot of people won't agree, I just picked up my second SDS FLC (Fighting Load Carrier). I bought one 4-5 years ago as my first MOLLE rig and got rid of it because it just didn't carry enough. Well recently, I've really tried to lighten my load out and started looking around for what would essentially be just a MOLLE belt. I looked all around and finally realized the the FLC would fit my needs.

Here are the different versions of the FLC, but all of them are essentially the same:

M/A Fighting Load Carrier Load Bearing Vest

http://secure.specialtydefense.com/cgi-bin/sds/4115.html

M/A Fighting Load Carrier Load Bearing Vest w/Front Zipper

http://secure.specialtydefense.com/cgi-bin/sds/4117.html

Super FLC

http://secure.specialtydefense.com/cgi-bin/sds/S0007.html

The FLC is essentially a MOLLE belt with a little extra webbing on your chest. I've found them to be readily available, cheaply priced, durable, comfortable, and able to accomadate an essential load out. Currently I'm using a woodland FLC with front zipper. I like it a lot better than the original FLC that I had. The FLC's are made out of a heavy nylon (cordura?) belt with a mesh chest area and just straps in the back. I can use this with a small back pack too. My load out on this rig is as follows:

4 SDS RACK Style Double M16 Mag Pouches

1 Maxpedition Medium Rolly Poly Dump Pouch

1 SDS Saber Radio Pouch

1 CamelBak 50oz. Pakteen Hydration System

1 SDS First Aid Pouch

1 SDS 100 Round SAW Pouch

1 TT Sig 226 Modular Holster

3 Emdom Pistol Mag / Multi-Usage Pouches

2 TT Single Open Top M16 Mag Pouches

1 Emdom Small Utili-Shingle Stackable Pouch

All of that is situated along the belt of the FLC with nothing on my back or chest. Like I said, it's comfortable, cheap, and well made. Some people don't like how they fit, but I'm 6'2" and 235# and it fits me just fine.

Archived