M130 stock gearbox?

zerograffit

Will a stock gearbox last for an m130 spring??

actually its an element m135ST irregular spring,

i'm installing the spring now and having doubts....

i've installed a systema m120s on stock GB and no prob, its just this is for a friend and it would be embaressing for it to break :D

(has poly piston, stu helical gears)

yea man, need to know the brand, version and such about the gearbox. All brands vary along with the versions, I would say do NOT install it in an echo-1 V2 or something, I would even be a little iffy on installing it in a CA V2. V3's are better but still wont last forever, I have had a few break.

But yea, just need some more info.

Thanks

Dan

lol, its the AGM XM8 ver3 gearbox.... and also the BE SL8

guess it wont last huh.... how about turning it down to m125

You could use it untill something breaks, but then you have to replace a lot more, such as the gears, piston, possibly motor or possibly even the gearbox shell. It is better to just upgrade it firsthand to save money, trust me on this, lol.

You would still want to upgrade it for an M125, just wondering but would this be a semi-auto sniper or an assault rifle? because the rules aroud here are 400fps for AEG's, there is no purpose to be higher than 400, it just hurts people which is not fun.

Thanks

Dan

because the rules aroud here are 400fps for AEG's

Where's "here"? Because he's in Hong Kong, you're in the US and I'm on a little island covered in fog.

Anyway see this thread for some reference: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...0&p=1550113 Given that I've no idea the quality of the AGM gearbox I'd suggest that radius the cylinder window even if it is a V3. I have an M150 in my TM AUG (V3) atm. Only other gearbox upgrades it's ever seen are 300% helical gears and metal bushings (element FTK).

Where's "here"? Because he's in Hong Kong, you're in the US and I'm on a little island covered in fog.

I did not mean to say he is in my area, I just meant that in my area the rules are 400fps, maybe his would be the same. Just a safety concern of mine...

Anyway see this thread for some reference: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...0&p=1550113 Given that I've no idea the quality of the AGM gearbox I'd suggest that radius the cylinder window even if it is a V3. I have an M150 in my TM AUG (V3) atm. Only other gearbox upgrades it's ever seen are 300% helical gears and metal bushings (element FTK).

How long has your AUG been runnning the M150? do you use it on full auto at all? what kind of battery do you use? They all play roles in the game, but that m150 in a stock gearbox will greatly decrease the life of a stock gearbox such as your TM, but especially on a clone (AGM). I am not saying clones are bad, I reccomend them and tinker with a few myself, just the materials are quite different than that of higher grade.

I do have experience with the AGM gearboxes and they are pretty descent, just I don't think it will hold up long to an M130. I had a stock TM in once that had the whole front quarter of the bearbox break off.

This is just my suggestion and prediction based on experience, but you can see what other people have to say, I have not had an AGM XM8 with an M130 but maybe someone has on here....

Hope I helped,

Thanks

Dan

No worries :)

Umm not sure how long the AUG has been like that now, a fair few months. It's on a 12v (sometimes 14.4v) battery, the trigger is disabled down to single-shot.

Radiusing the cylinder window will extend the gearbox's life a lot (especially on a V2), it prevents the cracking the front of the gearbox off by changing the stress lines. TM have finally caught onto this trick and have radius'd their V8 (type89 gearbox). Some other aftermarket gearbox manufacturers do this as well.

Archived