Chinese Surefire M900 Flash Light replica

Hi! Here's a minireview on the chinese replica of the Surefire M900 flashlight (with fake IR filter).

First off, some pics to get you all hot and bothered:

rightside.jpg

general.jpg

M4-1.jpg

Looks nice, eh? Well, it really is nice piece, a buy I wasnt sure about until I had it in my hands, but now Im as happy as one can be with a flashlight hell never use, because he's never even been to a night game! :D

PACKING:

Didnt get any, so I dont know. I got it with many other items (lots of BDUs) so there was no need for an extra box.

Outer appearance. Finishing. Build:

Excellent!! Really: highly impressed with the finishing, materials and assembly of the product.

The body of the flashlight is of a good quality smooth plastic, wich is very comfy to hold.

Flashlight head, battery storage compartement and rail attachment system are metal.

This thing is sturdy, seriously. There are reports of badly assembled first generation flashlights, but this one could be used as a weapon.

Weight is not bad: around 500 gr, but it will feel lighter in your hands as it is a bit bulky. Keep in mind that itll make your gun more frontheavy, especially if you have a RIS or RAS.

On the other hand, it gives you a very comfortable and handable grip, so you will be able to manage the weight easily.

Only one let-down: the beamcover is very cheaply finished, with lots of seamlines and edges. This can be solved with some sandpapaer and an exacto-knife.

Performance. Features:

This flashlight is supposed to have an output of 250 Lumens. Compared to my G&P R500M and its 500 Lumens, this figure should be about right.

I guess its enough, plus you can simply swap out the bulb for a more powerful one. Good quality batteries should give you better performance too.

Judge for yourselves: same room with no light, M900 and G&P R500M

lightcomparation1.jpg

The main light can be switched on momentarily (flash) or left on without having to press a button all the time:

The main light can be operated through two pressure switches on both sides of the grip (long rubber-like pads on the sides) or switched permanently on with a turning switch in front of your index finger.

You wont be able to switch on the latter with just your index finger, youll need your other hand if you're right handed, as its "ON" position is left. This isnt bad as the "permanent" light option is nothing you have to do in a second; thats what the pressure switches are for

permanentlight.jpg

Apart from the "big" light, you have two powerful LEDs: the position or map lights.

The idea behind this is fairly simple: the big light, even when switched on only for a second, can easily give away your position. What to do when you wanna check a door or a map or the stairsteps and but dont wanna be seen miles away? Two blue LEDs, sufficient to clearly see what's in front of you, dim enough to keep you concealed:

These LEDs are operated with your thumb, pressing on a pressure switch on the back of the flashlight.

leds1.jpg

This is the difference, between being seen and not being seen:

lightscomparation.jpg

QD Attachment System:

These lever QD systems usually look like they are either going to break with little use or ruin your rail. The latter may be a justified fear: it will most likely leave scratches on your rail, but its not too bad.

What counts is that it is fast and secure. Questions?

QD.jpg

Light safety:

Not as important as the safety of the gun itself, but suddenly accidentaly flashing the enemy after you followed them for 30 minutes sucks too.

Thats why youll find a safety switch on the bottom of the grip, as part of the battery compartment cap. When this switch is turned on, non of the lights of the gun can be turned on, by no means.

This will also avoid the flashlight draining your bats while stored in your closed or airsofting bag.

Nice feature.

Batteries. Storage:

This light uses 3 CR123A batteries. Ususally you wont get them when you buy this flash light, but you can get them for next to nothing at ebay.

To open the storage compartment, pull on a small lever that prevents the cap from moving, unscrew the cap (its the whole greay metal thing on the bottom of the grip), put the batteries in, repeat the aforementioned steps in reverse order.

disassembledfr8.jpg

The Beamcover or IR filter

Its just a prop and is poorly finished too, but will protectyour flashlight lense from well aimed shots.

Can be taken off: theres is a rubber ring on the flash light head to prevent the beamcover from scratching the flashlight.

The cover should flip open when pressing the button, but they made the spring plate to short. Not that important. If it really is that important to you, you can fix that in 20 minutes.

coverpx6.jpg

OVERALL RATING. Satisfaction:

I truely recommend this product: one of the best chinese accesories in both looks and performance. The looks and finishing are on 2nd place, just after my full trademarks Eotechs (yeah, I got two of them).

Performancewise, although it trys to run away in shame when I take out my G&P R500M, its really OK. I guess 300 or 400 lumens wouldnt be too bad, thats why you only have to find the correct bulb for it on tha ebays. Cheap bulb, cheap batteries and your set to blind your enemies!

Value for your money? Do I think the price (74$) is right? Im torn here: If you take the price of the real Surefire into account, its a good price for a very nice replics.

If you look at it from the point of view that you can get an AEG for that same money, you feel kinda weird.

Then there is also the thing with its 250 Lumens: they could have spent 50 cents more per bulb and have it performe at 300-400 lumens, but meh.

The approach should be, if you put in on a high end gun: "I spend 400$ on my Marui, VfC, G&P. 70$ more aint gonna kill me". Ive you put it on a clone: "Hey, I got an awesome looking AEG for just 200$ shipped! And there are sucker who still buy Marui or VFC!1 hahahaha!!" :P

IMHO this light should be 10-15$ cheaper or be a bit more powerful (and Im not saying 250 lumens aint enough), but remember:

You are not buying just a flash light: you are buying a flash light, a grip and an accesory thatll totally change the looks of any AEG. The difference between an M4 RIS with Aimpoint and a SEAL's CQB/R may be this light.

So, yes: I do recommend it. It wont disappoint you, youll be amazed.

Please post away question, critics and comments. That way I will be able to help you, Ill know how to make my reviews better and wether they matter to anyone at all.

Comments on grammar, writing style and spelling are more than welcome: english is my third language and I think Ive already learned all what Family Guy or Futurama can teach me.

Pretty good review, just for the record it's not actualy a fake IR cover but a replica of the lens sheild that Surefire make.

Also these are 100% compatible with surefire replacement bulbs and also 3rd part 'Surefire' style as well....with a bit of modding they can take CREE also..... I picked up some 250 lumens in Tokyo for about 3,000 JPY and they work perfectly!