Which valve, spring guide and metal slide for Ksc G17?

Clastyclay

Hi there,

I want a FM-Glock with high performance.

But I only have these options:

Valve: Laylax nine ball hi flow valve, rocket valve, Guarder hi output valve

Spring guide: guarder improoved recoil spring and guide

Hurricane power up kit

Metal slide:

g&p metal slide set ... but I have read, that G&P has problems with rust (on the spring guide)

Now it is a bit difficult to name the correct metal slide ... it calls "new g17 metal slide" ... it is light weight. I already asked the retailer, what the manufacture could be. Let's see ... but what I know from replies in past ... I don't think, that they could tell me the corresponding information.

The Hurricane power up kit should come with a high flow valve and improved spring guide, no?

If the nine ball ones are the blue valves, they don't get along at all well with green gas...(!)

A rocket valve is designed to replace the stock plastic part in the blowback mech with a more durable metal one.

Im unsure if they increase performance though?

No experience with slides sorry :P

Edit: I've personally used the Hurricane upgrade kit before, the rocket valve in that is rubbish and the hammer spring is not worth the effort.

The mag valve and recoil assembly are pretty good though.

If the nine ball ones are the blue valves, they don't get along at all well with green gas...(!)

It it the red one ... with two metal balls ... this valve is the most expensive valve in the shop

A rocket valve is designed to replace the stock plastic part in the blowback mech with a more durable metal one.

So it sit's into the gun? I thought, it would be for the magazine only.

Edit: I've personally used the Hurricane upgrade kit before, the rocket valve in that is rubbish and the hammer spring is not worth the effort.

The mag valve and recoil assembly are pretty good though.

Alright. So I wouldn't get this one, because it is quiet expensive.

It seems, that I can only get the red nine ball valve ... can someone tell me, if it is any good?

Also I will get the Guarder recoil spring/guide ...

In regards to a slide you want to get the Creation slide, its really hard to find these days but it is the best available.

The next best option is the Shooters Design slides which can usually be found at Den Trinity.

With the SD slides though you have to use the rear sight that comes with the slide and you will not be able to use the original rear sight or a 'real steel' rear sight.

The G&P slide is cheap but it isn't great quality. The trades are usually squint and it doesn't look too good. Its the same with everything though, you get what you pay for!

Oh yeah...don't get a slide with white trades, they look *beep*!

Creations slide is out of stock everywhere ...

The shooters design slide is a G17C Slide, right?

I can not see a rear sight on the pic at uncompany ...

Is it really not possible to use a real steel rear sight?

Could you check this:

http://www.safarasoftair.com/product_info....products_id=883

Which manufacture could it be?

No idea if the red valves are designed to take green?

The Hurricane kit is still good value in my opinion, as the hiflow valve is good for green and the recoil spring is stonger with the added bonus of a metal guiding rod.

Keep in mind that Hurricane also sell their high flow valves individually... you can try using the stock recoil spring first.

If it feels a bit slow after your metal slide upgrade, go for an improved one then ;)

Yep anything called 'rocket valve' is an internal gun part, they're not hard to install, but as I said before, I've no idea if there's any performance gain :P

I will only order from Uncompany.

Which sights can I use with the SD slide? I want metal sights ... is there a way to get it without any modifications?

Ok. I looked for other spring guides and valves:

Guides: Zenith, Guarder, King Arms

Valves: PGC, Hurricane, Action

Which would be the best option?

BoomArms slides are the best around (for the KSC Glock series), followed closely by Shooters Design.

For the KSC Glock 17, the Nine Ball valve should be blue. Red Nine Ball valves are for TM guns. Be sure you are choosing one made for the KSC not the TM.

The best valves on a chrono for green gas use are PGC. Hurricane valves do not increase FPS. The Hurricane tune up kit is a waste of money.

I say buy a Guarder recoil spring, PGC Valve, BoomArms slide. Best combo out there right now.

Alright ... two members ... two different opinions.

I'm from Germany ... so I can only buy from one to two retailer (because of the shipping costs)!

I choose uncompany.

I heared a few bad experiences about the Hurricane kit.

So I think, I will choose the PGC value, the SD slide (boomarms is not in stock) and ... which spring guide ... Zenith or Guarder ... has someone experiences with Zenith?

Any doubts about my combo?

What's about the rear sight of the SD slide? Which sight can I use? Is the rear sight include?

This is the red nine ball valve: http://www.safarasoftair.com/product_info....roducts_id=3927

And it seems, that it is for ksc.

SD stuff is good too. I don't see a problem with that build. I believe that Guarder recoil springs are a bit heavier than Zenith (I know, they are both 150% - but whose 150%?).

I bet that Nine Ball pic is just not the exact one. Go for PGC anyway.

i've also heard of the loading ramps breaking on the 17s and 18s because they are plastic unlike the 23f and the 19.

i'd go with a KM, PDI, 9ball, or tanio koba inner barrel. also, i think real glock sights are plastic (or atleast the ones that i bought in store were plastic, both front and rear).

upgraded hammer springs are fun because they up the power some however guarder may be a little strong and will definitely decrease the life of the gun. any kind of upgraded hammer spring will wear down the sear faster. once that happens, your gun is completely worthless cause i don't know anwhere that sells sears. if i remember right, the floating valve tends to break also after quite a bit of shooting. my favorites are firefly and shooters design.

• 4 months later...

I want to order in near future ...

What I will oder:

SD G17C slide

PDI 6.01mm tight bore

(I still have a Guarder spring guide)

But which valve.

I can get these:

Airsoft Surgeon-Power Up Floating Valve-KSC Glock

King Arms High Output Valve

PGC Valve KSC

Which one can increase the power most? PGC right?

I'm wondering, how the Surgeon-Power Up Floating Valve look like.

Do I have to change the hammerspring?

Honestly, I haven't had a problem with my G&P metal slide kit. Not as pretty as other ones available, but it still looks better than others and gets the job done. Their recoil spring isn't great; I'm running a Guarder recoil spring with it and it's fine. But if you have the money, go for other ones.

Don't go with the AS floating valve, I've heard it doesn't work well at all with green gas. I'm running a Firefly rocket valve with a Hidakaya plug spring and it works great.

PGC will give the most power, but you can also cut the pillars on the stock valve; I've done this and noticed a good increase in power. Not quite as clean as an aftermarket, but it works and is free.

As for the hammer spring, running the stock one is fine. I've talked to others and the general conclusion is that it's not worth it to upgrade the spring; slight power increase with much worse gas efficiency.

Archived