US Based Airsoft Retailer

Catchv22

do you realize that in order to legally import airsoft guns into the US, the guns must:

1) have a permanently fixed orange barrel. . painting is no longer acceptable as of 2005.

2) trademarks of US licensed firearm companies must be permanently removed. . no tape and no putty. . they must be melted or grinded away.

Keep in mind that some airsoft manufacturers have licensing to put US firearm company's logos on the guns. . but that's for sale in Asia only. . licensing does not cover airsoft guns that are sold in the US.

I think asking openly in a public forum. .what retailer "breaks the law" is asking for trouble.

if you really really want trademarks. . order the airsoft gun from Hong Kong. . tell them to put tape over the trademarks. . and take the risk of having it seized by Homeland Security. That's the only way. . .

most retailers deal with volume. . .for example.. .Airsoft Extreme. . they can't risk having a $25k shipment seized because of trademarks infringment on 30 guns . .30 out of 60 guns without trademarks is still a loss .. and it's not like the confiscate just the 30 guns. .Homeland will take everything. .accessories and all.

When AEX opened online and operated out of a garage. .they could get past selling guns with trademarks that were covered. . now, being how large and legitimate(as a full blown business). .they have to follow procedures. . .that's smart business.

granted. .some smaller retailers will have AEG/GBBs wth some trademarks. .ask them. . not in a forum.

Some things to consider- Is the gun you want one that has prominent Trademarks? For Example- Is it a AR-15 type with big ol' Tradmarks on the side or is it an HK with less prominent ones. If it's a Pistol you are SOL.

Either way- Buying an Aftermarket Metal Body/Slide should solve the problem nicely.

"Either way- Buying an Aftermarket Metal Body/Slide should solve the problem nicely."

I totally agree there. . .I could careless about trademarks on AEGs. . since I am guaranteed to convert to full metal. . GBBs is another story because trademarks are not only on the slide/barrel. . it's the grip or frame that is the problem esp. if there is no aftermarket parts available. .for ex. a Glock. . if the Glock's grip trades are messed up. .why bother with the trademarks on the slide. .trademarks on the grip/frame is just as important.

and as "Desktop=General" says. . "Or you could order a weapon with fully lisenced trades, like the classic army armalite series."

That's an ok suggestion. . but it limits the consumer quite a lot. Not like the CA Armalite series are the most reliable AEG available. . .affordable? maybe. . but you get what you paid for. . the CA MP5s were definitely more reliable than the Armalites. . .IMO. and lucky me. I still have a CA MP5 with HK trademarks on the upper receiver.

Archived