Anyone heard of Alex March?

I don't want to "jump the gun" so I won't be accusing him of being a scammer yet and I'll keep personal information to a minimum, but I'd like to know if anyone has ever made a deal with or been scammed by this person. Our deal was as follows:

He sends me $160 through PayPal.

I send him an expensive GBB + BBs + Propane adapter.

He sends me a CA33 + battery + charger.

I originally sent him this:

It would be nice if you would provide some references, such as your username on some well-known airsoft forums (Airsoftforum.com or Arniesairsoft.co.uk being the two biggest) along with some reputable members you've sold to, purchased form, or traded with in the past. I found your profile on ASR but you haven't ever posted, and you deleted your ad: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:B5Xgp...lient=firefox-a

He claimed to have a CA33, STAR SL-9 LE, CA M249, Echo 1 M249, and an upgraded TM P90 TR. He seemed to be selling them in the above ad, but the ad was deleted. Google didn't have the actual ad, only his user page which showed a little of what it contained, so that's what I got. The above cache is gone now but I've got an HTML copy saved on my hard disk, and I've uploaded it here: http://noerrorsfound.co.cc/cachedcopy/Cach...leScammerAd.htm

The username in the above page says amarch53, which still exists but without the ad. He says his old username was icekoldkiller53:

my old usar name was icekoldkiller53 on asr and i have +8 feedback, i have done over 15 transactions

He says that account was hacked and deleted.

He did give me references, but they were just a bunch of AIM names saying what each person sold/bought/traded.

I sent the gun and 2 days later, on May 22nd, it arrived at his mom's house according to USPS. My power was out from that day until late Friday, so I e-mailed him on Friday and he responded saying he got it from his mom's house that day. He adds that he'll send the CA33 to me tomorrow.

When I contacted him again on the 26th, he again said it would be shipped tomorrow.

I contacted him on the 28th and he said the reason he hadn't shipped it is because he had a busy week (said school, football, lifting, work), but his mother's birthday is tomorrow so he'll send it via Express mail (overnight) Wednesday (30th).

After that, I hear no response and contact him on May 28th, May 30th, June 1st, and finally June 3rd I send a semi-lengthy e-mail:

Come on... it's not good for your reputation as a trader if you just don't respond to someone when he asks when you're going to complete the deal. You have that obligation, even if it's not the news the person expects (It's shipped! Here's the tracking number...), to notify them and not leave him/her wondering if he/she has been scammed. Every day you still don't respond I just wonder if it's been long enough to post your info on forums and mail a letter to your mom asking if she knows that you owe someone something... It hasn't been that long yet (Today is the 12th day since it arrived, although you picked it up the next, so it's about 2 weeks), but even in the event of a long power outage (6+ days like how long it's been since you e-mailed me last) it's actually pretty hard not to be able to get to a computer at someone else's house or the public library, cell phone with Internet access, etc. The CA33 should have been mailed, even if you couldn't notify me for some reason.

I hope you haven't scammed me, since it's not going to work out in your favor if that's true... Mail fraud isn't a misdemeanor and I haven't even considered what other kinds of trouble you'd be in. :-/ If you're not a scammer, please explain why you've just ignored me and then all will be well as long as I get what you were supposed to send as my part of the deal.

I get a response the next day saying he hasn't scammed me and he simply hasn't sent it because the gun is at his mom's house and for the last week he's been at his dad's with no Internet connection, but he's e-mailing me from school (I just had the idea to check the supposed "school" IP address, and it's from Optimum Online just like that of his previous e-mails. However, the school could get their service from Optimum Online, too. Since that ISP assigns dynamic IP addresses, I can't verify if he was really at school. One of his previous e-mails has the same "school" IP address, but he could have sent that from school, also. The previous e-mailing matching the school's was sent at 9:24 PM in my timezone, and I don't think any timezone in the US would be different enough that he would be in school then, unless it's night classes at college.) He told me the gun would be shipped tomorrow (June 5).

I e-mailed him again on the 6th, and got no response. I sent another e-mail today and I'll see what he says, if he responds.

Dang bad luck man, lets hope he is genuine, otherwise I would ask for the gun back, keep all documents of the trade and approach the police, its all you can do, as far as I can see it looks Deception and theft.

Good luck man, hope it is all resolved without dispute.

Both of these from the "school" IP address:

from Alex March <removed>

to Nicholas H <removed>

date Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:24 PM

subject Re: What's the status regarding the CA33 being shipped?

mailed-by yahoo.com

signed-by yahoo.com

hide details May 28 (10 days ago)

I feel really bad, im shipping express tomarrow, you have no idea how busy it has been this week, school, then football, lifting, then work. tomarrow its just school then football, so i def have time to ship, i am really sorry about this.

from Alex March <removed>

to Nicholas H <removed>

date Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 6:28 AM

subject Re: E-mail me back about the CA33!

mailed-by yahoo.com

signed-by yahoo.com

hide details Jun 4 (4 days ago)

i have not scammed you, long story short, my parents are divorced, gun was at my moms, she lives 1 hr away, i dont have my liscence yet, ive been at my dads for the past week, he has no int conection on my comp at his house, this is my school comp that im using atm. i am visiting my mother tomarrow afternoon, gun will def be shipped then no excuses

Times are in my time zone, but it's weird that he's at school one morning and happens to have the same IP address as he had one night where he wouldn't have been at school unless he has night classes in college or something.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems he will never completely fulfill his end of the deal. I found someone willing to sell MP5 wiring for $7 shipped and contacted him saying he needed to pay for it if he couldn't find the wiring (he told me "ill check around the house, but i sent you everything that came with the gun that i had, try using a smaller battery then, i think i put a wire connector in the baggie"). He said he'd look at a friend's house and he hasn't responded to two e-mails (one on July 26th and then August 16th). The e-mail on July 26th was me asking him if he found it yet, and the next one was me saying just send me $8 in PayPal (enough for me to get $7 after fees to buy it myself).

Keep in mind when I sent my gun I used Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and it was delivered in 2 days.

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetW...LabelInquiry.do

Label #: 03070020000319181470

Your item was delivered at 1:32 pm on May 22, 2008 in RAMSEY, NJ 07446.

He was supposed to send it right after that and he had me worried about it for a long time. I don't even know if the gun works since I don't have that wiring to plug the battery into. All I know is that I can get it to "click" when the trigger is pulled if I put the battery's connector into the non-fitting connector enough for them to make contact. But that doesn't mean it actually works.

I've given him so much time and so many chances to finish the deal yet he still chooses not to so I feel it's justified to put his information up so others can avoid him:

-Please do not post personal information-

I have not tried calling those but maybe I should since it's been way too long. If I buy the wiring and the gun doesn't work that's what I'll do next, I guess.

Posted · Hidden by crackisbad, June 6, 2012 - personal info
Hidden by crackisbad, June 6, 2012 - personal info

Alex March

450 Island Road Apt. 70

Ramsey, NJ 07446

Known phone numbers of his mom:

201-934-0501

201-934-0659

Archived