Suez Crisis Loadout

Marrius

Hey guys, I was looking to make a British Suez Crisis loadout just for fun, but I my hour of google-ing left me with no reference pictures. I have no idea what uniforms or webbing or even what weapons they used (aside from the Sten, Bren and i think Stirling) Any info or reference pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys, I was looking to make a British Suez Crisis loadout just for fun, but I my hour of google-ing left me with no reference pictures. I have no idea what uniforms or webbing or even what weapons they used (aside from the Sten, Bren and i think Stirling) Any info or reference pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Due to its proximity to WW2, nothing is that different. The only noticable differnce is a few private soldiers with Mk5 Stens. All the other bits is the same.

Dennison smock, Half length were still in circulation, and full length were also about

BD would be the later , 47/49 variety but since most of the time a dennison smock would cover the BD tunic, I wouldnt bother with the tunic anyway,

38 Pattern Webbing

Para Helmet and/or Maroon Beret. paint the helmet sand and leave the net off if you want to stand out as Suez.

DMS and/or Ammo Boots

Ancle gaiters and/or Putees.

Weapons wise Sten

Pratchet /sterling

No 4

.38" Revolver

Browning Hi Power 9mm.

Bren (LMG didnt come for a few more years)

As Syd says i reckon.

The illustrations i do have on my bookshelf lists for the parachute reg.:

MKIII airborne helemet with web straps

Denison smock

1944 pattern webbing

49 pat trousers

puttees

Boots SV

and for royal marines:

Denim battledress

green beret

37 pattern webbing

puttees

boots SV

The illustrations i do have on my bookshelf lists for the parachute reg.:

Are they the osprey drawings? They are the only ones Iv got that actually name kit, everything else just has photo's.(Thats Osprey: Elite Book 1 The Paras 1940 to 1984 & Elite Book57: The Royal Marines 1939-1993) Having said that, Most of them are general histories and not designed for wargamers and re-enactors/ airsofters to use as a colour guide/shopping list.

Weapons wise Sten

Pratchet /sterling

'Patchett' dude, unless they dropped carrying discworld novels :)

Yeah, I know. I was tired. Same reason I forgot to look in the glaringly obviouse place of the alied section, in fact in a BLANCO thread I had posted on.

In fact that remnds me.

Archived