ICS M4 outer barrel length

BadAssTronaut

I need to adjust the length of the outer barrel on my M4 to accommodate the front iron sights and an S.I.R system.

The problem I have is, despite my following the ICS M4 instruction manual to the letter (Which is pretty difficult as certain parts on the gun are not where the manual says they are) it is proving impossible for me to adjust the length of the outer barrel.

The manual say to adjust the two hex screws situated on the barrel just behind the front iron sights (Note: The manual says these screws are on the top on the top side of the outer barrel, but in fact they are on the underside) and then twist the outer barrel to the left to extend it or to the right to retract it. I've tried this and cant get it to work, am I missing something here?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated ;)

I tried to do tht as well as my ris isn;t a tight fit....but I broke my crapy hex key(lucky it's the key and not the screw).....anyway I didn't even get to the point of twisting it...

would like to know how to do it thou as I might be able to get a cheap sir in the not too distant future....

I tried to do tht as well as my ris isn;t a tight fit....but I broke my crapy hex key(lucky it's the key and not the screw).....anyway I didn't even get to the point of twisting it...

would like to know how to do it thou as I might be able to get a cheap sir in the not too distant future....

Take off your hand guards, look at the bottom of the barrel just behind the front collar. You will see 2 very small Allen/Hex screws, loosen these,(no need to taake them all the way out) and twist the barrels front for your desired length (roughly 10-12mm extra max). Tighten the screws, and your done. The 2 part barrel is threaded, so maybe its just tight, give it some muscle, and it will turn.

I had to lengthen it to fit a CA RIS.

Take off your hand guards, look at the bottom of the barrel just behind the front collar. You will see 2 very small Allen/Hex screws, loosen these,(no need to taake them all the way out) and twist the barrels front for your desired length (roughly 10-12mm extra max). Tighten the screws, and your done. The 2 part barrel is threaded, so maybe its just tight, give it some muscle, and it will turn.

I had to lengthen it to fit a CA RIS.

Cheers, I actually got this sorted last night, Cleveland, your right, I just needed to give it a bit of muscle, the barrel is threaded and was just a bit stiff.

Archived