Browning M2

RobbyC

Anyone got any ideas on what gearbox i could use to put in a scratch built body? and where to get one?

i am thinking a bull pup configureation but these gearboxes are even harder to come by so any ideas?

also does anyone know how much it costs to get a standard large body milled? as in

is it £10s, ? £100s?

thanks for any information :)

ps. any thought on the mag because it's here i get stuck for thoughts....

Getting an M2 body (with all the details...etc) milled at full size is likely to cost you close to a thousand pounds, and you'll find the wall thinknesses will probably be excessive (therefore he weight will also be excessive).

I would agree with lance that steel plate fabrication is likely to be your best bet, although I'd suggest welding rather than rivetting and suggest you either weld the thing from flat plate or have someone else form a channel to get you started, plate that's going to be strong enough to make the gun rugged enough for normal skirmish use is going to be incredibly difficult to form with home tooling. I'd suggest 2-3mm thck plate.

Archived