Ruger MK1 Picture Thread

• 6 months later...

Finally finished up my MKII (not a MKI anymore :D )

Started life as a KJW MKI, now it looks like this:

MKIIleft.jpg

MKIIright.jpg

Airsoft parts: King Arms silencer, KICBBGun MKI Carbine metal receiver, PDI silencer adapter, ANGS light trigger pull kit.

Ruger parts: Grip panels, bolt catch lever, hammer pivot pin (the pin the bolt catch swivels on, trimmed down so it doesn't hit the hammer inside), front and rear sights.

MKIIboltcatch.jpg

While it's not a TRUE MKII since it doesn't have the relief cuts in front of the bolt grips, the MKII grips and moving bolt catch are enough for me.

MKIIfrtst.jpg

I had to shave about 3mm off this sight to get it low enough, as the silencer adapter is much thicker than a bull barrel.

MKIIrrst.jpg

The only work the rear sight required was getting the dovetail to fit. The KJW cut was about 2mm thinner than Ruger's.

MKIIsmooth.jpg

I repainted the upper assembly (all metal now) in black and buffed it to a shiny finish. I sanded off all the mold lines on the lower and shined up the plastic with steel wool. Makes it much harder to tell the lower receiver isn't metal.

And last but not least, sound clips.

Stock Bull Barrel

Silenced

Taken from about 5 feet away, firing out my back door.

A friend of mine brings his MKII to the range each time we go. I love firing that gun, such a nice break from the bigger bores we usually fire. All-around great target gun.

Airsoft-wise, since the power of that pistol is [above forum limits] I don't use it in games, since it's only accurate in short range and with fps near or at the maximum allowed for AEGs in Texas, it just seems unsportsmanlike to hit folks that close with it. I get a lot of compliments and requests to fire it off at targets in our staging area. The sound of the shot and lack of recoil from a NBB are very deceiving of the power this little pistol packs.

Seems ironic, considering the real-steel variant to me :D

Edited by exoframe2