AEG questions (not a 'which one' question)

Billy210

Hi, Billy here.

I just want to ask a few AEG questions. But a little info first:

I'm not really a noob, I know the techie-speak (well, most of it...) so you don't have to provide elaborate descriptions of hop-up etc.

I have read 99% of the reviews out there, so can I have first-hand knowledge please, not links? Thankyou...

Questions:

1- Does the TM FA-MAS F1/SV have hop up? I have read reviews which say yes and reviews which say no.

2- Which is better in build quality, the F1 or the SV?

3- Are there any general faults with the mechanism etc, because I rented an F1 once, and it misfed on me all day, BADLY. Also, the ROF was apallingly slow (about 600 RPM). Please provide details.

4- Would you suggest any other AEGS?

They need to have good range, good build quality, not too small or large, fairly good accuracy, and look bad**s (although the last is pretty much down to opinion).

Also, it will be my first AEG, so it should be pretty reliable. I'm not much bothered about upgrading yet.

Thanks a lot, Billy.

PS, please don't suggest the M4, because absolutely EVERYONE has one, and I wanna be a little different (other M16 variants I will consider, but not the M4 :angry: ).

Yes, the Famas does have hop-up. The dial is located beneath the interchangable cheekpiece at the raer. Next question, depends. I've got the SV version as i don't like bipods as a rule. As for faults, none yet (touch wood) and as for other AEG's you could do worse than an MP5 variant, G36 or P90. Depends on what type of game you'll be playing.

Hope thats some help.

Hi again.

Just pick one that looks best, then make a post and we can answer anything specific

I have done some reading up on the G36c, because I really LOVE the looks. The only two things I'm worried about are the battery size, and the range. Possibly the rof: I like this in a gun. I'm one of those people who can't just pop their head over the sandbags and aim properly. I usually poke my gun over the top and spray a load of ammo around.

I still like the FAMAS- I'm just worried about the build quality. If anyone has any info on this, please post it so I can choose. To me, the G36 is like a girl you keep trying to say no to- but in the end she is just too beautiful to pass up! B)

I really appreciate the help, guys. -Billy

PS- Rhino, how much time do you spend on these forums? You've posted on like every other topic, and you'd replied to mine almost before I'd typed the full-stop at the end! :lol:

My Neural Net Processor can Assimilate all known threads :D

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

back on topic, the Famas squeaks a bit and a sling wouldn't go amiss. But apart from that, it's a versatile little rifle with a large battery and for me thats what counts.

If you get a G36C, it'll take 2-3 mini batteries to last ouy a day, or alternatively you could do what I'd do and buy a large G36 foregrip/handguard and a large battery. That means you won't have to change it all day, hopefully.

Range is the same in all AEGs, just about. I had a G36C a little while ago (without the large handguard, mind you) and the range was easily good enough for woodland.

ROF is ample - too high a ROF and you won't have any ammo left ;)

Archived