KSC USP .45 problem

ErikBobbo

So, I have this KSC USP .45 with after market metal-slide and such, but it doesn't work properly. Sometimes it works for a couple of shots, but then it does a half-recoil or jams up or something. I got it used and it's been sitting in my closet for ages. Whats wrong and how can i fix it? Problem outline: Fires a couple of shots just fine, then goes over to only firing half the shots, doing half cycles on the rest, until it jams up completely. I've tried multiple magazines, but I only got one type of gas lying around, so I haven't had a chance to test that yet. When dry-firing, it works perfectly. Is it busted or does it just need some love?

Thanks in advance people, and I apologize if my English is weird, it's probably better then your Norwegian :P

To ellaborate:

First shot always works just fine. Then, every second shot just takes a half recoil-round, and leaves the gun in DA mode. It seems to shoot fine though. After a couple of shots, it goes over to dry-fire every second shot, until it jams or has a gas blow-out.

No-one got any suggestions?

I have the same problem in my KSC MK23 with aftermarket metal slide. It can fire 2 rounds then when the slide comes back after the second shot the slide cannot push the bb into the chamber. It seems to jam when it tries to push the round stacked to the left hand side of the mag.

I have tried different rounds and gas but it always has the same effect. Dry firing works flawlessly.

Are you all absolutely sure, that the mags feeding lips are true and correctly shaped. You haven´t dropped or banged the lip end to nothing?

This DA is common, when the feeding lip interferes the loading nozzle and thus snagging the slide.

If this is not the problem, then degrade the gun to its former state ( if you have put in some upgrade parts) and work your way up from one part at a time. Stronger gas to be used too.

What gas, what temp?

Cheers

-Hessu-

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my TM Sig 226 after putting a metal creation frame and slide on.

1. First thing that comes to mind is the recoil spring, you say the slide was upgraded to a metal one, was the spring upgraded to take into account the new weight ?

2. The loading nozzle in the new slide was not moving as freely as it was in the plastic slide this turned out to the loading nozzle catching ever so slightly on the lip where the ejection port it.

Try taking the slide off and by hand flick the loading nozzle forward, it should move very easily and return back with no problems it's it not then it's getting snagged. You need to find out where it is snagging.

cheers

Rich

I have to disagree about the recoil spring issue with metal slide.

On my KSC USP I have the TW made outer barrel and metal slide. I use the OEM recoil spring and the gun shoots just nicely and the recoil is still crisp and sharp.

My .2 cents.

Cheers

-Hessu-

Archived