Box mag

Kosac

I read the article on how to make a Box mag on here and was just wondering, do i use metal or some other material and is it worth making it autowinding or should i jyst leave it manual.

Right, basically if your going to make a large box mag then autowinding is the way to go, if only a small one i probably wouldnt bother. Id say metal is a good option becasue its going to be banged around a bit and you dont want it to break.

Suggestions:

A ) Buy an actual support weapon.

B ) Buy Hi-caps, and mag clamp them.

C) If you really must, see if you can find a real steel equivalent box mag for the g3 series that you base it around. As has already been said, auto-winding is a good plan, so factor into the equation a motor to power the feeding mechanism (for which a high-cap may have to make a noble sacrifice). :)

In all seriousness though, why do you want a box mag for the CA33? I really want someone to explain the logic behind why people want to use them on smaller weapons...:S

Well ca33e plus G3SG1 bipod and a 9.6v battery = very good satble and fast firing weapon, so why not a support weapon. I am puttin on a bipod and a scope to make it a HK33SG1 so add a box mag and red dot with a 9.6v battery and it makes a nice support weapon.

ANyways i think autowinding is the way, thanks to all those that posted useful comments ( if you didn't have anything useful to say why did u post?)

• 4 months later...

Archived