P90 Pouches w/RRV or MBSS

Sorry for the double post. I can no longer edit my previous one.

Does anyone have the dimensions on those Pantac Pop Flare pouches? I'm trying to "visualize" or plan out the pouch loadout on an MBSS, but I can't seem to find dimensions for either of the two items in question.

I've been using flashbang pouches for all my P90 mags, just cut off the flaps, and let them friction fit inside. I've never had any problem with them, and at $5 a pop, I can't complain.

I don't have an issue with using the pop flare pouches. I was just wondering on the size so I know ahead of time what other pouches I can fit on there when ordering. I understand the MBSS doesn't have a lot of real estate, so I just wanted to plan it out a bit. :D

Sorry for the double post. I can no longer edit my previous one.

Does anyone have the dimensions on those Pantac Pop Flare pouches? I'm trying to "visualize" or plan out the pouch loadout on an MBSS, but I can't seem to find dimensions for either of the two items in question.

I have the Popflare Pouch. It's a suboptimal solution - unless you mount the MOLLE Pouches upside down, the Pouch opens downward. Combine this with a small Releas clip, and you will have some difficulties to quickly take the Mag out under stress.

Also, the Magazine will not lay on the flat side (does not fit) but on the high side, i.e. with the tip of the "Bullets" pointing to your chest. This will give you a higher Profile and make the Pouch move around a bit.

Personally I would recommend getting dedicated Pouches.

I have the Popflare Pouch. It's a suboptimal solution - unless you mount the MOLLE Pouches upside down, the Pouch opens downward. Combine this with a small Releas clip, and you will have some difficulties to quickly take the Mag out under stress.

Also, the Magazine will not lay on the flat side (does not fit) but on the high side, i.e. with the tip of the "Bullets" pointing to your chest. This will give you a higher Profile and make the Pouch move around a bit.

Personally I would recommend getting dedicated Pouches.

I was afraid someone was going to say that :(

I have a list of various "pouch loadouts" I have found. Tactical Tailor, Condor, and TheVestGuy are the only dedicated P90 pouches I've found. I just wish they weren't so darn expensive. Plus, the only one out of that group that makes an MBSS is Condor and while I'm not to keen on the potential quality, they also don't make Coyote Brown :(

Frustrating hehe. I could just go with a Tactical Tailor belt loadout but I like wearing a light vest too. Maybe if I can find a PACA in Coyote Brown or something similar.

Very cool indeed. I'm still looking around haha. I'm just being real indecisive with this. Out of curiosity, have you ever seen a Coyote Brown PACA? I seem to only find very faint khaki and the black one you had.

You could just go with a Pantac MBSS, their quality is more than enough, plus they have it in CB.

That was my initial choice. Unfortunately FallenGuard stated that the P90 mags don't fit too well in the Pantac Pop Flare pouches. Maybe I'll mix and match some Tactical Tailor pouches with the Pantac MBSS. It won't match very well, but who knows. Gah!!! :P

It just gives you gear a bit of character. Besides, once any dirt gets on their, you won't be able to tell the difference anyway.

Or... you could just go with a MAV, then your colors would match. The MAV also offers much more real estate, especially for P90 mags, than an MBSS.

Interesting. Thanks for your input choffman. I sent an email to Tactical Tailor with some questions about sizing on their leg panels. Depending on what they say I'll probably just build a belt rig setup. With everyone's input here it seems that the p90 mags on a vest will most likely end up being an issue for me. I'm pretty damn short, 5'4", so they'll take up a significant portion of my upper body. Unfortunately depending on the size of the Large or Small TT leg panels, they might be an issue too. We'll see. Thanks again!

Sorry left out key details of that post.

The Assault vest used in Stargate Atlantis produced by Blackhawk i saw them being used inconjuction with P90s and i think they fit p90 mags.

link -

http://www.rstacticalgear.com/pd_blackhawk_omega.cfm

Thats one of them...

Also at the fear of sounding like a Sci-Fi geek but o well. The assault vests in Battlestar Gallactica (the new BSG) deffinatly hold P90 mags you can the length and the P90 mags inside at certain points.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...en%26safe%3Doff

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...en%26safe%3Doff

Hope that was a slight help.

I'm 5' 5" and I've got 3 P90 mag solutions.

1. a modified Weesatch, which I use most of the time

post-13606-1231091508_thumb.jpg

2. a Blackhawk chest rig which is nice and light.

post-13606-1231091585_thumb.jpg

3. a Vest guy vest, whih I never use 'cos the others seem to over all my needs

post-13606-1231091653_thumb.jpg

and I can still carry 2 more mags in leg pouches.

I don't find that the M4 pouches work well with the p90 mags unless extra support is given to the flaps, hence the velcro on the weesatch.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, P-90 lovers! :D

It is interesting, that P-90 mags are the same length as RPK-74 45-round mags (ÐÏÊ-74), and they easily fit standart Russian army and "SPLAV" modular pouches. Here is the newest 2mag SPLAV-made version:

http://splav.ru/GoodsDetail.aspx?gid=2008-...a25%3a44.000150

And on this picture is early 4mag version with standart MOLLE (ÓÌÁÒÑ) fitting:

post-58203-1233393292_thumb.jpg

Actualy, it is a very useful big utility pouch as it can hold even 1liter gas cilinder! From my and my team-mate's experience this pouch with tactical belt is most comfortable and reliable P-90 sollution(especially for airsoftgirls ;) ).

Archived