m4a1 firing too high

R-KivE

right the gun is basically shooting too high

have turned the hop up off all the way and it is shooting a fair few inches above my red-dot sight.

I have adjusted the red dot too as high a position as possible.

also when I play with the hop up and have it near the fully on area the gun shoots extremely high, its as if the bbs just fly upwards! is this normal?

So the gun overhops even with hop turned off? Not just flat bug higher than your red dot.

If the gun overhops even with hop turned off, the first thing to do is to wipe the barrel. Sometimes the grease will cause the hop unit to give more hop than usually. It's pretty unlikely though. More likely is that the bucking is too hard, or the nub that pushes the bucking too big. I think the nub is a bit too big, since you have a JG and those have usually have soft rubbers. Might be worth changing the bun or the whole bucking while you are at it, Systema and Marui buckings are good. Also, unless you have tried already, try 0,25g bbs. While it's not a cure, you might get a straight flying path with the hop off, if the overhop isn't too big with 0,20g bbs.

Edit: Hmph, my awesome graph didn't work. :(

Archived