Setting up red-dot sight m4a1

R-KivE

Just bought this sight http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1160

and am having trouble setting it up,

the gun is shooting way above the red dot but shoots straight through the handle sight.

So i try fiddling with the red dot adjustments, the one that adjusts vertically.

and nothing seems to happen.

Could I have a faulty sight? or am I being stupid?

Obvious questions first... they have to be asked, if people didn't make mistakes, then they wouldn't be people.

Are you turning the elevation adjustment knob in the correct direction? Sometimes if its at the bottom of its range then you can turn it further and nothing will happen.

Are you sure you're turning the vertical adjustment and not the horizontal one?

If you're good on both of those (which you probably are) then I'd say its a lemon. Although all is not lost, short of returning it, you could put some padding (like a couple of layers of duct tape) under the front end of the sight on the rail and elevate the reticle that way. Slow, and it would be fixed, but its better than nothing I suppose.

so im able to shoot a lot more level, but my dot is over to the right a bit, any tips on getting it to the left by any chance?

do the same thing with padding to push the dot over to the left if you can (padding would need to be on the right)

Archived