Magpul MOE Hanguard on Classic Army

ErikBobbo

My Lord, man! Read the review! They are clearly installed on a CA in the photographs!

Secondly, sweet God, search, search, search! There is a topic asking that very question!

I'm not going to post a link to it, but I'll just say that if you use "magpul" as your search criteria it will come up! You'll find your answers there!

I don't mean to be an *albatross* - but please use common forum etiquette.

My Lord, man! Read the review! They are clearly installed on a CA in the photographs!

Secondly, sweet God, search, search, search! There is a topic asking that very question!

I'm not going to post a link to it, but I'll just say that if you use "magpul" as your search criteria it will come up! You'll find your answers there!

I don't mean to be an *albatross* - but please use common forum etiquette.

CA haven't always used a realistic style barrel nut, certainly on the CA M16 front length that I have they used a TM style barrel nut (round with two flat tabs on the side rather than teeth as with the real barrel nut).

However you can fit a G&P barrel nut to a CA barrel (well M16 length) if you need to.

M16 front end ≠ M4 front end

Good to see you're sharp as ever ... however the point I'm making is, CA in the past have used TM style barrel nuts in their AR replica's, the OP has not stated what CA AR he has, and how old it is, to state categoricaly "it will fit" based on a review of a recent CA and then to give the OP gip on that basis is unfair as we do not know WHICH CA the OP has, he may well have an old style CA that uses a TM style barrel nut.

To answer the OPs question more clearly, take the handguards off of your CA AR, look at the barrel nut, if it's got teeth as shown in the review you can fit the MOE handguards with no modification (ok this is assuming you have a standard length M4 AR replica), if however your barrel nut is just a cylinder with flat sides, you'll need to replace the barrel nut, to do this you will need to remove the front sight (two pins under the front sight, and one grub screw on the rear part of the front sight) and replace the barrel nut. Easy as pie.

Archived