One little ol day I met a friend, he was into airsoft, he got me into airsoft, and it all went from there.

I recently procured $350 to spend on an AEG, my first I might add. I decided to get the TM P90 TR. I chose the TR becuase I would be able to choose my own scope and add more things with the 2 side rails. So I went down to my local airsoft store and purchased the AEG.

History of the P90:

The P90 (short for Project 90) was developed by Fabrique National as a personal defence weapon for military troops, who's primary purpose was not the use of small arms. These people include vehicle drivers, operators of crew-served weapons, support personnel and other troops who are often issued sidearms or submachine guns. The goal of the project was to create a super compact smg with maximum damage, using the 5.7x28mm round. Now to the good stuff.

Looks:

The TM P90 TR looks great. It has full trademarks, and no detail was left out. From the magazine, to the ejection port on the bottom of the gun, all the detail is there.

IMG_1343.jpg

The box is like all of the TM AEG boxes, same color, just different pictures and names (well, all the TM boxes I have seen).

IMG_1368.jpg

So this is what I opened the box to. The supressor is either on the gun, or placed under the mag that comes with the gun. The magazine is a 68rnd magazine. The highcaps hold 300rnds.

The hopup is housed just above the area directly behind the trigger.

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

The fire slector is also neat. It is self explanitory, but on auto, you have to make sure you pull ALL the way back on the trigger to actually go full auto.

IMG_1400.jpg

This is the P90 broken down to the point before you start actually TAKING it apart.

There is also not a lot of metal on the P90. THe only things metal on the outside are the flashhider, and the RIS rails. The upper reciever is plastic, but a couple of companies make metal replacement recievers, just not for the TR version. Also, the sights on the TR are intergrated into the top RIS rail.

Build Quality:

The real steel P90 is made mostly of a composite plastic (if thats what you want to call it), and so it is with the TM P90. The plastic is of good quality, and there are no skweaking problems or anything, and the gun feels really solid while you are holding it, which also happens to be very comfortable, since I am a small person.

Performance:

The performance for the P90 is good, but sort of low on the FPS end, only shooting around 260 - 270 fps. There are plenty of good performance upgrades out there for the P90 though, so boosting the FPS is not a challenge. The P90 also uses a mini battery, but the mini butterfly battery packs also fit, along with custom J packs. The P90 uses Marui's latest motor, the EG1000 and version 6 gearbox. The TM P90 has almost the exact rate of fire of the real P90, only falling short by 50 - 100 rounds per min short. The TM version is also only 400g less than the real steel.

Upgrades:

Hurricane makes an upgrade kit just for the P90. It will increase the FPS of the gun to about 350. Also adding a tightbore (6.03) barrel and a carbon fiber piston head will also help out the P90. And don't forget a 9.6v battery for the upgraded P90.

Overall:

I absolutely love this gun and wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Upgrade Potential: 4/5 -There are many things you can get to upgrade your P90, but there still isn't a metal replacement reciever for the TR version.

Performance: 4/5 -Its a bit on the lower end of the FPS grid when compared to other weapons, but this is easily changed with some nice upgrades.

Build Quality: 5/5 -The gun fells really solid, and I wouldn't worry if I accidentally dropped it.

Value for Money: 5/5 -You certainly get a lot out of this little AEG.

Overall: 5/5 -I wouldn't trade my P90 for anything.

I also wanted to add this quick pic of the upper reciever:

IMG_1401.jpg

You can see the gay burning off of the trademark, but that is the only trademark that was removed. You can also see of of the side RIS rails, the other is on the direct opposite side.

Edited by visionviper

Nice review. Try and do some range and accuracy tests, that would be interesting. :)

Good stuff!

I personally hate the p90  :P

I always loved it, since I read an article about it in some military & police gun magazine back in 97. :P

Edited by Utty
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Well, as for range an accuracy:

The P90 has great range for being a small AEG. I use .25s, and they go pretty far, about 100 feet or so while staying decently accurate. Of couse it can go farther, but there is a definate accuracy loss. Overall accuracy is pretty good, the iron sights actually do a pretty good job, but it is a pain that you can't adjust them. Definately with some upgrades, this gun can challenge bigger rifles without a problem.

Edited by visionviper