Using Grenade Launcher as a Mortar

LemonHead

Not really, u, because they've lost any velocity from being shot out of the nade launcher by the time they're falling, nobody would notice that it's falling on them, I've seen players use this nerf balls or darts or something, and depending on the field's rules, they have a range where they kill anyone who's in it.

Whould it be possible to effectively use an airsoft grenade launcher as a mortar when the target is behind a barrier? What is the average range of a launcher?

Yes it can be done. Depending on where you are they may be legal issue with what you launch. Range depend on a lot of factors: gas pressure/seal on missile, weight and shape of the missle, elevation and wind etc.

Not really, u, because they've lost any velocity from being shot out of the nade launcher by the time they're falling, nobody would notice that it's falling on them, I've seen players use this nerf balls or darts or something, and depending on the field's rules, they have a range where they kill anyone who's in it.

Did you mean to contradict yourself or just not make sense? :P There are several teams in the UK that regularly roll out a mortar section or M79 fire support group. So no mortars don't work at all........... :P

It can be done if you use AOE rules, just drop a Madbull XMPB4 round and a Nerf Pocket Vortex football into your 203. Depending on temperature outside you should be good with just green gas, but the PB4s are rated to take CO2 aswell.

Using green gas on a warm Texas day (~90F) we got ~300ft range at a ~45 degree angle.

It can be done but honest i wouldn't bother.

Well if you know what you are doing one airsoft mortar team can take out a whole team - seen it done. Totally *fruitcage*s up an assault if used defensively and very effective suppressing the opposition during an attack.

Archived