Boomarms "Custom" Gun Gearboxes

[BS]_MARS

I've got a Boomarms XM177E1 and it has a great gearbox, was really cheap, and uses G&P externals. I was curious if anyone knew if their Boomarms M4A1 uses the same internals? The reason I ask is because some of their descriptions are odd. For instance, the XM177E1 says "Full Upgraded to 300-320 fps with Reinfored 7mm Bearing Gearbox (Ver2)/ in turn-up kit (Steel gear set, cylinder set, new pistol and pistol head, nozzle & Bearig Guides)", the XM177E2 says "Full Upgrade to 320 fps with 7mm Reinforced gear box" and the M4A1 says "Full Upgrade to 320 fps with 7mm Reinforced gear box". It doesn't make sense that they'd use a different gearbox in the E1 and E2 XM guns and by extension, it seems they'd use the same gearbox in the M4. Anyways, if you've got insight, share it please. Thanks.

Most G&P gears do just fine. My mate for example has run his G&P M4 for tens of thousands of rounds without a hickup. My gears lasted about 5000 rounds too, before the catastrophic failure. But then, G&P's perform superbly if the gears don't fail. :)

It would be easy to disassemble the gun though, if you want to be certain what's inside. Especially the piston head counterpart should be replaced no matter how well the gun works, the weight literally weighs almost double as much as an aluminum piston head because of it.

Only thing we felt was wrong with the E1 gearbox was that it has a full cylinder, replaced it with a systema ported one.

They do run great until the gears break, it seems random thought when that happens, depends on the rof and fps you are getting out of the gun though.

Only other issue we have had was one bearing on mine bought the farm, otherwise excellent gearboxes and i cant see myself buying anything else.

The FPS on mine(m16vn) is 370 with .25 so the power isnt that much greater than stock if i remember. Some of that comes from the tightbore too. On mine we caught that the bearing might be an issue as we took them out the casing upon arrival of the gun and noticed a few shavings, noticed that the axle wasnt sitting center when we took it apart to tighten the selector, dont want to know the explosion that would have happened. But its doing 35 RPS sooo, lol maybe that is what did it. Runs great now with Promy bearings and a replacement bevel gear. What can i say about the RPS, it needs to go faster still not 1:1 with the speed a real m16 would dump a mag lol. Keeps opfor head down

The E1 my friend has had the axle on his bevel snap off, he fit in a modify gear set to it and its dandy now. The axles have long been known to be a weak point but it seems you can roll the dice.

An interesting note is that my friends and I have only great things to say about the G&P pistons, we have a few guns with high round counts and high rof, and they are in a few other guns as upgrades to the stock bits. Cant even see wear after 20K rounds on mine. A bunch of people have bad luck(or somehow are messing up AOE) and getting the back of the white pistons torn off.

But like i said, if i ever need to get another M4 AEG i would go G&P all the way

Archived