We M4 aftermarket parts experience guide

As all you guys know there have been and still are tons of news "improvement" parts for the M3 hitting the market. Many folks order them immediately, many folks waste their money because the those parts don't do any improvement at all.

Enough money has been spilled I say!!

Post your impressions here, I will add the OP as quick as I can, you we have a nice overview over all the parts that are available.

One look and you get an idea if they're worse the money.

Stabilizer for Valve Guide Rod of WE Gas Blow Back M4:

Easy installation, sits very snug, cheap and it holds the piston assembly dead center. No more shredded O-Rings. Nice edition and a must have.

Steel Bolt Catch:

Easy installation, fairly cheap. I haven't tested it in the longrun but in case you have a V1 M4 your stock one will break eventually so you need to get this one anyway.

Tip: If your bolt catch doesn't catch the bolt properly go ahead and shorten the spring about 2mm.

Steel (WE) Charging handle:

It's heavier than the stock one, the latch is slightly longer and it costs $40. Unfortunately it's not running smooth when you get it, I had put a good bunch of grease on it to make it work, otherwise the bolt just gets stuck anywhere on it's way.

You can get a modified RS charging handle for almost the same price (thanks to Chris) or the new strenghend WE handle for $13.

I do not recommend this one.

500fps Steel nozzle assembly:

Coming up

Knights Armament style trigger guard:

Coming up

Warning: The lower reciever might break when you put to much force on it. So use a hammer with caution!!

Sorry for my bad english, every feel free to correct me at any time!

Comments to existing experiences and multiple mini reviews appreciated!

TSC Bolt Catch Plates for WE Gas Blow Back M4

straight out of the packet you can tell its alot tougher and the base where it catches the bolt the plate is alot thicker than the standard.

very easy to install as well. Unscrew the screw at the bottom of the mag and push upwards. No need to remove the entire mag shell. simply push enough out to expose the old bolt catch plate and pop it out and replace with new one.

when 1st installed I noticed that performance actually got worst.. bolt did not lock back and would only do it after 5-6 shots.. but it seems that its got something to do with the finish of the new plates as I simply ran it a few more times.. once the finish is rubbed off a little the new plates starts to kick in and the bolt starts to work perfectly. Alot better than standard.

you get 3 in a packet and they are only about US$7 for a packet.

I would highly recommend this as an upgrade or simply a repair piece.

Cheap and cheerful and very effective. Just make sure you run it in a little 1st.

Steel (WE) Charging handle:

I do not recommend this one.

I got one too and as with yours, mine would get stuck anywhere along the way unless you nudge it forwards. But after some oil and a couple dozen cycles (ok, maybe a dozen dozens) it worked smoothly. I especially like the fact that there is almost no slack from when the latch is locked forwards and has minimal twist when completely retracted. Admittedly real ones are cheaper, if you could get them but they're only made of extruded aluminum. More expensive machined aluminum ones exist and even steel versions which cost a little more rivaling the price tag on the airsoft-only part.