TM Glock 17 Problems

aaron2310

I brought my G17 last October and I've been having constant issues where the slide sometimes doesn't cock completely, requiring me to push the slide before I can fire again. Sometimes it works fine. Others it doesn't. I've tried cleaning the gun. However yesterday I was shooting it and it one half of the slide came off the rails so it appeared to be stuck in "out" position. I've got the slide off and back onto the gun but does anyone have any advice?

Am using green gas for it. Always have done.

Check if part number G26-36 (trigger bar - check manual for this) is getting jammed to the side by the corresponding rail on the blowback unit.

Mine has started doing this, think I'm going to have to replace this part. However seeing as this is a part they have clearly just used from the old G26 model, I have a spare and will try it out. I will let you know if this resolves the issue.

Edit: you should be able to see if this is the part being jammed - when the slide sticks back, as you look into the rear of the chamber from the muzzle end, you should be able to see it sticking up. Use a screwdriver/whatever to push this down, if this then releases the slide then that could well be your problem.

I couldn't see it down the barrel but when I took off the slide I could see the part you mean. The slide isn't staying in the locked position at the moment, just not completely cocking. So I have to take the slide off to get to the part but it isn't staying down. :/

Have you checked any areas that may be binding?

I have tried two of those recoil guides, they are both poorly finished and have a much higher resistance than the stock TM one.

Ah by the way, the problem I was having was not to do with the disconnector failing, just one of the rails on the blowback unit has worn to the point where the disconnector is allowed to pop into place where it should not, this jams the slide. Going to see if I can get a replacement blowback unit.

Archived