Enough after market parts to build a GBB M4 from scratch?

AnakChan

I've been looking at the G&P WOC for some time now and the more reseach the more after market parts I find for it both internal and cosmetic.

Are there enough of these parts (e.g. Prime receivers, Magpul PTS grips, Ra-tech NPAS bolt systems, Airsoft Surgeon triggers, Dytac external barrels, etc.) for one to actually build a GBB M4 from scratch, or would one still need to buy some form of base (e.g. Paul's EBB AGM GBB M4)??

I've been looking at the G&P WOC for some time now and the more reseach the more after market parts I find for it both internal and cosmetic.

Are there enough of these parts (e.g. Prime receivers, Magpul PTS grips, Ra-tech NPAS bolt systems, Airsoft Surgeon triggers, Dytac external barrels, etc.) for one to actually build a GBB M4 from scratch, or would one still need to buy some form of base (e.g. Paul's EBB AGM GBB M4)??

You can build one ENTIRELY from parts. Most of the retaining pins are real-steel specs.

Gasguns.info and google "RA-TECH" for starters and you're set

(I know this because a teammate put a troy/magpul/vltor/G&P part gun together)

Looking at the parts drawings of the WA gun there are definitely some parts that can't be purchased as spares from airsoft retailers.

They might be available as real-steel parts but that probably won't help somebody unless they're in a country where the real-steel weapon is legal.

There are now pin and spring kits available but several of the smaller parts are nowhere to be found.

Stealth/AugF,

Cheers. OK looks like I may need to scavenge some parts around then. I posted up in GGI the minimum parts I'm aware of and am looking for (copied below). I'm sure with more research I'll find the ping and spring kits you're referring to.

It sounds like even if smaller parts are unavailable, purely from a cost perspective going for the AGM GBB M4 base isn't worth it just for small parts. May need to scavenge...

OTOH, from the perspective of a learning exercise, maybe spending $126 on the AGM GBB is worthy of a base.

Externals

Prime Magpul lower receiver

Prime or Dytac MUR upper

Madbull Noveske 10" free float

Magpul PTS MIAD

ACM UBR

Dytac silver outer barrel 14.5"

Prime Ambi Selector

Prime Ambi mag catch

Internals

NPAS Complete Bolt

Airsoft Surgeon Chip McCormick Style Adjustable Steel Trigger

[someone/Ra-tech? doing a] hopup chamber/inner barrel set

[someone/Ra-tech? doing a] recoil spring set (summer/winter)

FWIW, I think it might depend on what other parts you buy.

For example, I think the Prime lower receiver comes with a heap of the parts that can't be found elsewhere.

If you bought a bare G&P lower receiver you might end up leaving yourself with a gun that can't be completed.

Aside from the actual knowledge required to build the gun I think you need to take a LOT of time making sure the components you purchase come with all the extra little bits you need.

It'd be a sickener if you spent a couple of hundred bucks on a receiver and then found you had to buy another complete receiver just to source some minor components.

I suppose it's possible that writing to a company like prime and begging for the parts might work but, frankly, it's not a method you can rely on and it's also gonna hold up your build.

you could ask any of the popular HK shops to source you the parts you cant really buy.

as long as you offer them a good amount of money for the parts, im sure they will be happy to pilfer them from one of their complete guns and then sell the rest of the gun on their website as parts.

Thx 4 the insight guys. From a parts perspective, I'm lucky to be living 2-3 km away from Western Arms in Shibuya & if G&P & WA are compatible, shouldn't be a problem. They have a funky way of parts breakdown, circle what you want, then order.

However after some further in-depth reading the GGI thread between Oggy & ShinHK, I'm more convinced that I should go for the AGM M4 base for personal knowledge gain, and that takes priority over cost savings - afterall it's only USD$126 & buying from HK direct in cash should be cheaper than online prices. As a secondary, I'll get the pins/springs/small parts.

Your feedback and that GGI mail thread has been invaluable in helping me make my decision. Cheers guys....

Archived